Quantcast

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by WTGPhoben

If you want pictures, go to 'zoke website. The guy is ordering me a fork and selling it to me below cost for the trade with the brakes.

and you're not online yet so i couldn't see the pics, but I will soon enough.

BTW, are you going to ride today???? You KNOW you want to.
I'm up now.

I'm not sure about riding -- I'm supposed to pick up a chess clock ~7:30 pm at Loker, and have a foosball tournament match at 8 pm. :D It's a hard knock life.

Oh yeah, nice job with the sound setup for the Collective last night. It was great, if a little loud in my room's courtyard-facing common room...

WTGPhoben

Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
One of them Boston suburbs
y'all missed a good ride, but the digicam was sorely missed

oh and BTW... verdict on the dualie::D (except in the top 2 or three gears when It bobs a bit, but you never use them on the trail anyway)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
y'all missed a good ride, but the digicam was sorely missed

oh and BTW... verdict on the dualie::D (except in the top 2 or three gears when It bobs a bit, but you never use them on the trail anyway)
I'm glad to hear that it was good. It seems like everyone else has grown tired of me busting out the camera, tho... :rolleyes: :eek: so I'm going to leave it around the room for a few days. Let's go riding sometime this week, tho -- all I have is one paper and that physics ps to do.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Ah, the physics set has been licked. :nopity: Sort of. In any case, I'm going to ride out to the Fells tomorrow with Keirse -- either of you two going to come?

WTGPhoben

Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by Toshi
Ah, the physics set has been licked. :nopity: Sort of. In any case, I'm going to ride out to the Fells tomorrow with Keirse -- either of you two going to come?
what not going to the review tomorrow? You're such a bad influence, now I want to go riding too.

oh and by the way, I just figured out how to get majordomo to sent out the whole humba list... we have 69 subscribers. I find that mildly amusing.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
what not going to the review tomorrow? You're such a bad influence, now I want to go riding too.

oh and by the way, I just figured out how to get majordomo to sent out the whole humba list... we have 69 subscribers. I find that mildly amusing.
the review was on Tuesday. Tomorrow is his spiel on his own research, no? 69? Good lawd, that's a lot of people who don't ride. Have you removed the handful of people who requested to be booted today?

WTGPhoben

Monkey
Apr 21, 2002

Have you removed the handful of people who requested to be booted today?
yeah, the heathens have been booted. I personally liked the one who sent the admin request "could you take me off too, you guys send too many emails" Yeah because three a week is REAAAALLLLY high volume. ANyway, I hope the ride went well. I realized I had a bunch of stuff to do, and the weather looked kinda crappy so I decided to stay home.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
yeah, the heathens have been booted. I personally liked the one who sent the admin request "could you take me off too, you guys send too many emails" Yeah because three a week is REAAAALLLLY high volume. ANyway, I hope the ride went well. I realized I had a bunch of stuff to do, and the weather looked kinda crappy so I decided to stay home.
He used to go riding with us all the time. We'd egg him on and he'd try to jump things in a very unstylish fashion.

Here are the pics from today, tho:

http://tjclark.ath.cx/images/biking/trail/may 9, 2002 Fells ride/

I managed to delete all the movies by mistake, so don't look too hard for them...

WTGPhoben

Monkey
Apr 21, 2002

Here are the pics from today, tho:

http://roam147-156.student.harvard.edu/images/humba/may 9, 2002 Fells ride/

I managed to delete all the movies by mistake, so don't look too hard for them...
Looks like you guys took the res loop in reverse (the opposite of the way we took it last year when we sessioned that gnarly section), and the river is roarin! I'm lookin forward to hittin that this wknd. Unfortunately I won't have the new stuff for the bike till nexrt week.

...and it seems Quadari had a rough day as usual ;)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
We stopped for a while at that same place, tho. I finally made it through on my fourth try, with the aid of some hopping around.

Looks like you guys took the res loop in reverse (the opposite of the way we took it last year when we sessioned that gnarly section), and the river is roarin! I'm lookin forward to hittin that this wknd. Unfortunately I won't have the new stuff for the bike till nexrt week.

Quadari

Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
Washington, DC

As I always say (or rather, never say) you haven't really been riding if you aren't muddy and bloody when you come back. :D

btw: Toshi, I rode the bike to Mailboxes, Etc. The brakes work great. Also, the "go to first unread" was working for me. hmmm....

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by Quadari
btw: Toshi, I rode the bike to Mailboxes, Etc. The brakes work great. Also, the "go to first unread" was working for me. hmmm....
It's even working when you hit the little arrow icon on the topic list pages? Odd.

Anyways, I leave you all with my lovely and likely incoherent final sentence to my paper, which still needs a page or three of stuffing in the middle:

This level of involvement is unattainable by the omniscient narrator, who through detached observation and imperative declarations is consciously used by Bely in Petersburg to quell confusion in the reader which stems from his use of multiple perspectives in the cubist style.
Snooty enough? :D

WTGPhoben

Monkey
Apr 21, 2002

It's even working when you hit the little arrow icon on the topic list pages? Odd.

Anyways, I leave you all with my lovely and likely incoherent final sentence to my paper, which still needs a page or three of stuffing in the middle:

Snooty enough? :D
hehe... humanities are funny.

Quadari

Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
Washington, DC
Wow, that was perfect: Sounds high class and snooty, but means absolutely nothing. You gotta love core classes :thumb: (especially those for which I haven't cracked the book yet.)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Cool. If you guys read this in time, let's make tomorrow's ride another 9 am one (rather than 10). I have rehearsals in the early afternoon that I can't really miss or be late for.

For anyone (ohio) reading this who might want to come: 9 am, in front of the Science Center. To the Fells we shall go, unless Keith feels like driving. :D

EDIT: the time has been pushed back until 2 pm. Don't show up at 9 am. :eek:

Quadari

Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
Washington, DC
Sorry boys, won't be joining you today. (I know, you're horribly dissapointed; now you have to find someone else to crash for your enjoyment.:cool: )

Today is the annual duckling day parade! Yay for duckies.

Also, don't forget to call your mothers today.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Sorry boys, won't be joining you today. (I know, you're horribly dissapointed; now you have to find someone else to crash for your enjoyment.:cool: )

Today is the annual duckling day parade! Yay for duckies.

Also, don't forget to call your mothers today.

Ari
Bah, already sent an iCard. I'll try to get Keith to do the ledge drop and crash, and will definitely get pictures. :D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by Barbaton
looks muddy. i ended up waiting 3 hours to walk over the new beacon hill bridge. next time, i guess
It was a bit wet, but the trails weren't that soft generally. I really don't know how all that mud got on my bike, honest. :D
mmm.....mudalicious.

Looks like you went pretty movie-heavy today, Toshi. Hope the camera didn't get too wet.
Yeah, I had my camelbak's protective rain cover on, so it was too much of a hassle to break out the camera until we lingered at the ledge afterwards. Isn't it great that Keith is doing drops now? I'm so proud... :eek: :D

Quadari

Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
Washington, DC
Isn't it great that Keith is doing drops now? I'm so proud... :eek: :D
My favorite video is the one of him riding fast up to the ledge then stopping. Although i suppose I can't say much, at least he made it over in one piece.

Next time....maybe next time.

Quadari

Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
Washington, DC
hmm.....I'm here at work on my PC, and I looked at the page in Opera and it doesn't seem to work. I tried it in IE and it works, but Opera didn't like it. The images show up, but nothing happens when you click on them and no movies show.

WTGPhoben

Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
well... between the two of us I guess we have pages that work on everything, I guess Omniweb and opera don't like my sketchy javascript:(

My resoning for doing all this was that i like the idea of the thumbnails, but when I download the movies they don't work right unless i save them and open them in Quicktime, so I just embedded quicktime (obviously you have to have quicktime to use it though). Clearly it failed. Oh, well

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
incidentally, i got the skinny on how to register as a group with fas because of another group i'm involved with, if y'all are still interested.

I'm up for riding the new trail at lynn on fri, toshi.

-t

Quadari

Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
Washington, DC
As far as I've heard, in terms of becoming an "official" group, you need:
1) an advisor
2) a constitution
3) I think a list of officers or something of that nature.

I think that's it, but I'd love to hear what the exact details are.

This is totally gratutitous, but I've always wanted to use this in a post: :dancing: