Quantcast

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Keith, you just need to get a Mac. The movies work fine on them. :eek: :D

About Friday and Lynn: could you drive us in the afternoon, Keith? I have a morning final...

Finally, I like this smilie: :stupid:

WTGPhoben

Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
One of them Boston suburbs
Originally posted by Toshi
Keith, you just need to get a Mac. The movies work fine on them. :eek: :D

About Friday and Lynn: could you drive us in the afternoon, Keith? I have a morning final...

Finally, I like this smilie: :stupid:
First things frist... not gonna get a mac

second... I think I'm good to go on fri

third... I finally found the rest of the smilies:thumb:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
You all will be disgusted to hear that I am going through another bike swap. The Intense frame is up for sale, to be replaced by the black Evil Imperial that I ordered today. Ahhh.... :D

Here's how it will look, sort of (substitute my dual crown fork for the one on the pictured bike): http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12495

Another: http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12414

EDIT: since you guys have lovely 10 base T going to your dorm rooms, I'll add some real pics:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by Quadari
speaking of Macs, did you see the new XServes, Toshi? :thumb:

Pretty sweet.
They do look awesome. And DDR must be coming soon for the regular desktops then... :rolleyes:

Quadari

Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
Washington, DC
You all will be disgusted to hear that I am going through another bike swap. The Intense frame is up for sale, to be replaced by the black Evil Imperial that I ordered today. Ahhh.... :D
Again?!?:rolleyes:

And if I see this right, does that mean that you're giving up on the dualie and going with the dirt-jumper punk look?

You're a wild-man Toshi.:blah:

WTGPhoben

Monkey
Apr 21, 2002

Just to spite you, I'm going to buy your intense under a false name and then ride it every time we hit the trail... but you will never be able to touch it again :p :D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by WTGPhoben
Just to spite you, I'm going to buy your intense under a false name and then ride it every time we hit the trail... but you will never be able to touch it again :p :D
oh man, I'd love to see your lanky ass trying to ride my medium Intense. haha :D :D :D

Again?!?:rolleyes:

And if I see this right, does that mean that you're giving up on the dualie and going with the dirt-jumper punk look?

You're a wild-man Toshi.:blah:
Well, no one has expressed interest in the Intense yet (Keith, didn't your buddy who went riding with us want it? how much?), so it might live in my room next year. It wouldn't be bad at all, swapping a fork and wheelset between two otherwise built-up frames, no... :D

Quadari

Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
Washington, DC

It wouldn't be bad at all, swapping a fork and wheelset between two otherwise built-up frames, no... :D
Are you planning on selling all the components off the Intense also (other than the fork)?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I could donate it to Kei... er, I mean, humba. But I won't. :eek: :D

Most of the components currently on the Intense will migrate to the new frame. Did you see the pics that I added a few posts up, btw? That's my fork! Anyways, the only new things I'll need to buy to make two fully-rideable bikes are a set of derailleurs, and a wheel build for the bent wheel lying around my room. But I don't think I'll do that -- I'll just shelve the Intense until someone wants it.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Dang, it's still 0 down, 4 to go for me. :( Oh well. Anyone want to go out to the Framingham cinema for Episode II after finals, tho?

WTGPhoben

Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Instead of studying I've been surfing the buy/sell pages... and I'm down $463.50 after buying the fork, a pair of XTR brake levers (which rock), and XTR rear shifter (I'm going 9spd on the superlight), and the beater frame.

All I need now is a pair of brakes, 9spd cass and chain, and the handle to replace the broken one on my old XT shiftbrake combos and I'll have two complete bikes (but I get the feeling I'm gonig to have to drop some more cash to get another reverse spring rear der (I'm just too used to it now) and to replace the XTR bottom bracket on the superlight (when I pulled it out of the old bike I found out the cups were pitted)

Arrgh... it never ends.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
That's too bad -- this reading/exam period is enriching me. Assuming that one of the three buyers bites on the Intense, I'm going to be up about six large over the last few weeks, and will have a new bike to play on. Ooh!

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
is there a plan re tomorrow? I just bought a new ring and I'll go outside in a sec and rehabilitate my bike. I can drive but can only fit maybe 2 bikes in my trunk.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Keith may be going tomorrow, but both Keirse and I have an afternoon final...

Update on the Intense: sold for $1350. So I'm taking a loss, but at least it won't languish in my room forever. :D

WTGPhoben

Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Keith may be going tomorrow, but both Keirse and I have an afternoon final...

Update on the Intense: sold for $1350. So I'm taking a loss, but at least it won't languish in my room forever. :D
patience is a virtue grasshopper...

BTW, I'll update on the ride tomorrow... I'm guessing something in the fells, cuz I got lots of study to take care of (this also means that in theory Toshi and keirse can come too.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by WTGPhoben
patience is a virtue grasshopper...

BTW, I'll update on the ride tomorrow... I'm guessing something in the fells, cuz I got lots of study to take care of (this also means that in theory Toshi and keirse can come too.
Ah, I can't go even if it's late. Dinner plans. :eek: (actually, it's just a friend's birthday; and Keirse will probably go, too.)

WTGPhoben

Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
I think the ride is off... I just found out i have to master a demo tape for FinkFankFunk, but on the upside I think I might be able to score some old school LX brakes, that busted lever (actually just a pair of XT levers, I gave up on finding the part and I'm just going to cannibalize the levers I buy), and a pair of plartforms (so I can learn to jump like a real man) for $45. And i sold that XTR der I had in my parts bin for a year for $45, so I break even -shipping. yay.... still haven't studied too much though.

Quadari

Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
Washington, DC

Cool. I was hopping on the rear wheel, just for the record. Are you coming to the banquet tomorrow, btw?
Wheelie...hopping, whichever. All things I can't do :rolleyes:

I am most certainly going to the banquet. mmmm....chinese food.:dancing:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
When do you become evil?:devil:
Sometime around the end of the month, methinks. Luckily, I have finals to occupy me in the meantime. :D (Wed-Thurs-Fri :( )

Quadari

Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
Washington, DC
And speaking of unoriginality, I don't think you're :devil: enough. You're quasi-:devil:. You're the diet-coke of :devil:: Just one calorie, not :devil: enough.