Quantcast

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by Quadari
You could try selling them :D
Have I mentioned recently that I love my camera? I spent five hours at work, and did nothing except arm wrestle, listen to Mahler 5/sleep, and play with the camera.

About selling the gloves: it's funny that you suggest that, since back in high school, I sold my riding buddy a defective tire. (Its knobs were pulling off) He didn't mind, tho. :eek: :D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Yeah, just don't try pulling that with us! :angry:

;)
Hey, why do you have to be raggin' me on hro-open? Huh? :eek: :D

I'm on the verge of writing a "hey, let's make next year really awesome musically" type message for that audience, btw.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by WTGPhoben
yeah so one time I rode my bike to HRO... then I realized HRo had nothing to do with biking.:p :mad: :D
This is all you're going to be hearing from me in the next few weeks, while I'm bikeless. :eek:

Quadari

Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
Washington, DC
Originally posted by Toshi

I'm on the verge of writing a "hey, let's make next year really awesome musically" type message for that audience, btw.
I think you should!

and yes, biking does have to do with HRO. I ride my bike to HRO.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Keith,

You have to ride with a paper bag over your bike if you take the K2 out to play. :eek: :D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
My favorite is the one of you with the gas can. What's the story with that one?
Driving home from Mammoth, I pushed the ol' Maxima a bit too hard, and ran her clean out of gas. At night. Along highway 395. We (Ruben and me, or Ruben and I in the context of the sentence) feared that it would be 20 or miles to the next gas station, and it was quite the sleepless night inside our tent -- we camped the whole trip -- with the big rigs roaring by. Come next morning, we took off riding along the highway, and found a gas station only 3 miles away. Stupid, stupid, stupid. :D

Evil grows imminent:

WTGPhoben

Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
One of them Boston suburbs
sorry, dude... school's got me grounded till friday at noon, and then I got some serious movin to do, but I think there might be some riding to be done on sunday, either that or rebuilding the bike a little bit (I'm doing s 9spd upgrade)

Hey, toshi: nice photoshop work... don't want us to see how much you shelled out for your evil friend?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by WTGPhoben
I take that back... It says right on there...
haha, I just didn't want to divulge how much of a discount they gave me off of list.

Quadari

Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
Washington, DC
In 4.5 hours or less, I will be done!!!! :dancing:

Then I have hardcore packing to do. :( But, not thinking about that yet.

Are you guys all gonna be here for the summer? I know Toshi is...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Moab is too hot. Believe me. :D

Now, after playing basketball in the sun and using up the last bit of my energy that finals didn't suck out of me, I feel great. :D Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, to be done

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Ok guys, I'm packing up my computer in a few minutes. It will be back up on the network around June 20th. My page of friends is going to be mirrored on my fas account, but all biking content will be unavailable (don't have enough room for it, thanks to all those movies).

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Dang, ridemonkey is really dead this holiday weekend. 24 people online, a new low.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Naw, I bet they're sitting around a table, eating sausage and bacon. :eek:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I'm out of here in a few hours. Ari: I'll be around my room until 10:30 or so, so if you swing by you can pick up Return to Castle Wolfenstein. Bye all.

Quadari

Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
Washington, DC
I most certainly am around. I'm headed home on the 7th and will be home for a week, but other than that I'm here in jolly old cambridge!

I'd love to ride. This weekend?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hi Ari!

I got you some new grips, btw. They're short lock-ons, so your levers won't have to be all crammed up against the stem. I walked into The Downhill Zone in the u district here in Seattle, and walked out much poorer, not knowing what happened. :eek: :D

WTGPhoben

Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
One of them Boston suburbs
the no2 bike is completed (minus the paint job for now), and I put down 70 mi on (no, I'm not just yankin your chain) PAVEMENT. I don't think I'll be moving my legs for a bit. I might ride tomorrow mornin' if anyone's interested. It'll be a slow one.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Oh yeah? Well I haven't left the house all day. :eek: :D

Anyways, here is a picture of the grips to amuse you all as I work through 200+ images from England to get a web page ready:

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
may God strike down all thieves of bicycles.

well, I suppose it was inevitable: my bike disappeared from rack outside my work on church st some time between 4 and 7 this afternoon.

if anybody sees someone riding a blue cannondale f700 that isn't me, beat them severely please.

now to find the homeowner's insurance file.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I feel your pain, Thad. Make sure to pick up a replacement ride soon, tho -- it seems like the fall and spring seasons during the year are only a month long, so we must ride now. (This from the guy whose only bike is in a box in his garage.)

Keith: whatcha talking about? That's a Concorde.