Quantcast

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Checked Strava. My best e-bike short loop is 48 minutes. Best pedal only time is 1:32. mtg has done it in under an hour.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Clearly I need to try on fresh legs for the hour mark, but I'm damn sure his descending skills far surpass mine :)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Yes. Belcher, Maverick, Longhorn, Whippletree, Belcher back to lot. My reported times are likely a minute or two short of reality due to how the segment is defined, in full disclosure. :D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Turns out that the local bodyshop that Esurance suggested isn't certified to work on Teslas. This is a problem because if they couldn't paintless-dent-repair the fender and repair the two cracks in the bumper cover then they aren't allowed to order Tesla parts. From the photo they aren't certain if Esurance's "it'll all buff right out" estimate is realistic.

Therefore I shall instead be trekking all the way over to a sister shop in their same chain in Littleton, a shop that is certified.

Still easier than sourcing parts for a 993, I suppose...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Deer Creek is a nice example of what the e-bike does and doesn't:

Pedal-only day vs the same loop assisted

With just me powering the bike:

2:03:30 moving time
1:31:48 (71% of time) climbing
140 bpm best 20 min heart rate
151W estimated weighted average power

E-biking:

1:23:29 moving time
56:47 (68% of time) climbing
152 bpm best 20 min heart rate
278W

So I was out there 40 minutes less, all of which was hacked off the climbing (as one would expect), and actually worked a bit harder during that time when on the e-bike.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
But you spend less time on the bike!
Less climbing time is something for which I will shed no tears. I’d also typically skip part of the loop I did if pedal only but it’s worthwhile on the e-bike.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
3018B747-1AF5-440C-8C79-34FB200A37F0.jpeg

Time to attempt to turn this pile of parts into a computer. This is the promised neural net build. Obscured digit on graphics card box is a 2.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
mmmmmmm
you are about 12 buzzwords short of a good "blog" article
That one phrase was enough to get work to buy it for me.

I hope it works. I bolted everything up but didn’t have time to even boot to bios. Need an OS and don’t have an optical drive, so am hoping my IT person can conjure up a Windows install on a USB stick.

Water cooling reduces bulk in one place but introduces complexity. I had to move the radiator twice to clear a shroud on the mobo and because the cpu power plug was blocked. The front panel connectors are the bane of my existence as usual, but at least I had the proper standoff for the M.2 drive this time around. Gah.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC

I hope it works. I bolted everything up but didn’t have time to even boot to bios. Need an OS and don’t have an optical drive, so am hoping my IT person can conjure up a Windows install on a USB stick.

Water cooling reduces bulk in one place but introduces complexity. I had to move the radiator twice to clear a shroud on the mobo and because the cpu power plug was blocked. The front panel connectors are the bane of my existence as usual, but at least I had the proper standoff for the M.2 drive this time around. Gah.
you should incentivize your IT person with kare pan, or any other food

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

You can download a Windows 10 ISO file for free from Microsoft: https://pureinfotech.com/download-windows-10-iso-without-media-creation-tool/

I've always used Rufus to make USB OS installs: https://rufus.ie/

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
It lives! Booted up to the Windows installer after fighting the bios for a few tries, and everything seems in order.

The only thing I had to change was to swap out the modular cable for the gpu to the one with two 8 pin plugs, as the 2080 Ti demands that (worked to get to bios but gave me an error then).

It’s nice when things go smoothly as hoped for. :)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
So what games have you been playing :-)
I will cart it on home at some point. Maybe Friday morning? Then it shall be graced with Matlab and Fallout 3/NV/4 alike.

I haven't played video games in probably 2.5 years, though. Too much shit to do, movies to see, books to read, papers to write.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I will cart it on home at some point. Maybe Friday morning? Then it shall be graced with Matlab and Fallout 3/NV/4 alike.

I haven't played video games in probably 2.5 years, though. Too much shit to do, movies to see, books to read, papers to write.
Didn't you just build a computer like 6 months ago for Fallout 4? :clue:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Just tamed the neckbeard for another few weeks. Still better to hack away at it periodically than shave clean regularly.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
$11 Uber Pool from deep Littleton/HR (south of 470) to the north side of Stapleton. I don’t see how this is sustainable!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

This is a huge ass body shop!

Their first glance take was that the bumper cover would definitely need replacement (note cracks on underside and by the fog light relief) and possibly the fender as well.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Heh. Actually my hood gap has been oh so slightly off for a while. Not enough to bitch about but if they replace that fender it’ll be their problem...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Interesting how the model 3 came out and dick punched them all. Also surprising that that many have been made.

Also surprising how many i3's there are on there. It's always funny seeing one. Crazy people who would spend that much for so little.

And hasn't the Volt been axed? Also surprising seeing as how it lead the numbers for most of that. It's also not a bad looking car, in my opinion (unlike the leaf and some prius).

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
So much time wasted on the effort of getting a green, lush lawn.

Today I mowed, edged (until the head ran out of string), blew (until the mismatched Makita batteries I grabbed croaked), and then used a handheld battery powered (of course) broadcast spreader to overseed/reseed the lawn. There’s a very geometric-shaped 9 x 12’ dead patch in the back, too, which I suspect was caused by the landscaping crew in December when they were laying down gravel paths back at the time when they erected the shed.

I’ll put up with this for a few more years, but if this level of effort doesn’t yield the results I want (and this year’s results are a C overall, IMO) I’ll go the AstroTurf route, at least for the back lawn.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

Today I mowed, edged (until the head ran out of string), blew (until the mismatched Makita batteries I grabbed croaked), and then used a handheld battery powered (of course) broadcast spreader to overseed/reseed the lawn. There’s a very geometric-shaped 9 x 12’ dead patch in the back, too, which I suspect was caused by the landscaping crew in December when they were laying down gravel paths back at the time when they erected the shed.

I’ll put up with this for a few more years, but if this level of effort doesn’t yield the results I want (and this year’s results are a C overall, IMO) I’ll go the AstroTurf route, at least for the back lawn.
I just yelled downstairs, "Mow the fucking lawn, you ingrates!" An hour later... lawn was done. :homer:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark

How is the soil quality? Have you tried with buying some top soil? Just adding more grass seeds with not solve soil problems? And the right amount of water is key too.