Quantcast

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
While on 58 today headed from Nick's to Costco Gas in Arvada I saw someone driving a Land Cruiser very much like mine save for color, a 2006 or 2007 100 series, to be specific. (One can tell this because of the factory LED tails unique to those two years.)

I could tell from his vehicular choice alone that the driver is a gentleman of fine character and taste

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
$29,207.32 in taxes withheld from this (bonus-enhanced) paycheck. A new record.

o_O

Please vote in a flat tax for my benefit sometime soon kthxbye

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I hope that is just an RV rear ending a trailer.
Pulled over in Kansas with that rig. Funny that the tongue weight is crushing the Trailblazer even with the front axle of the RV centered beneath the trailer’s axles.

That all acceleration and braking forces were apparently via chains around the front axle on the RV is an idiotic concept to behold.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Pulled over in Kansas with that rig. Funny that the tongue weight is crushing the Trailblazer even with the front axle of the RV centered beneath the trailer’s axles.

That all acceleration and braking forces were apparently via chains around the front axle on the RV is an idiotic concept to behold.

That level of stupidity is worthy of jail time. The havoc that could have caused if it broke loose is bigly.

Zapfrog75

Chimp
Oct 26, 2020
$29,207.32 in taxes withheld from this (bonus-enhanced) paycheck. A new record.

o_O

Please vote in a flat tax for my benefit sometime soon kthxbye
I don't know if this is supposed to be a joke but it's a terrible joke especially now. This type of money is more than what the average person makes in a YEAR! Plus the fact that a lot of people are out of work because of Covid.
Hell I can't even work because I have to stay home to take care of my disabled and terminally ill wife and you want to whine about 29k in taxes??! You can send that to my wife's gofundme fundraiser next time.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I don't know if this is supposed to be a joke but it's a terrible joke especially now. This type of money is more than what the average person makes in a YEAR! Plus the fact that a lot of people are out of work because of Covid.
Hell I can't even work because I have to stay home to take care of my disabled and terminally ill wife and you want to whine about 29k in taxes??! You can send that to my wife's gofundme fundraiser next time.
You must be new to the internet

welcome

and please vote for tax policies that favor me because of “freedom” kthxbye

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
median US income: $33,706
his post pissed everyone off, not just you, but
Toshi is a doctor, and possibly leads a gang of furries
welcome to ridemonkey, very sorry about your wife

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
It pisses me off that I pay much higher effective tax rates than real estate tycoons and hedge fund billionaires, due to sweetheart laws that carve out exemptions for them.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
It pisses me off that I pay much higher effective tax rates than real estate tycoons and hedge fund billionaires, due to sweetheart laws that carve out exemptions for them.
Everyone on this board pays much higher effective tax rates than real estate tycoons and hedge fund billionaires. They also pay more in actual taxes than 6 time bankruptcy declaring wanna be real estate tycoons and fake billionaire president(s).

While your post about your tax bill may have come off as just a little, slightly, possibly, maybe, a bit out of touch, it doesn't mean that the system couldn't be better or reformed. I was going to say the tax system is broken, but that's not true. It's working exactly the way lobbyists and the people who pay them intended.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
While your post about your tax bill may have come off as just a little, slightly, possibly, maybe, a bit out of touch
It was repurposed from the NASIOC humblebrag thread.

:D

And it works for that purpose, no?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I should ride a Harley

RuV92.jpg

I wonder if it has an internally geared rear hub in there. Gorgeous homage in any case:

Rw7lr.jpg

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I should ride a Harley

View attachment 151484

I wonder if it has an internally geared rear hub in there. Gorgeous homage in any case:

View attachment 151485
I assume that even though it's a bicycle it also leaks/burns oil at a rate of a quart a day?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I assume that even though it's a bicycle it also leaks/burns oil at a rate of a quart a day?
E-bike! So potential for fluids to leak yes

This is the cutest little trailer I spotted today. Denver public works Chevy Colorado pulling it.

Got some beer. Quite tasty!

Bought my nearly 2 year old a "3 year on up" tiny 6V indoor car, as opposed to the big kids' 2 seater 12V Jeep parked out in the yard, because I thought she would like to feel included.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
For those who've followed my automotive musings in this thread, you'll note that there are a few disparate chains of thought that I periodically revisit, with evidence supporting each in parentheses:

1) Fun (past flirtations with sports cars, including owning several)
2) Off-road capability (LX, Wrangler, cheap off-roader, ATV, side by side, Unimog thoughts)
3) Zombie apocalypse survival capability (see "Unimog" again, M35A2/bobber, F-250 diesel running on WVO, Sportsmobile)
4) Clean emissions, both in GHG and smog (EV obsession, carbon offsets, smog forming emission tabulation)
5) Cheap to buy and run (beater hunt, operating cost tables)
An alternate take on the idea above (Yukon + 3rd party EPA certified bi-fuel conversion) would be to go with one of the OEM options. Civic GX is out since I wouldn't want a CNG-only vehicle (get an EV at that point!).

That leaves the Sierra/Silverado HD and Ram 2500 as the factory options. The General Motors twins only come in extended cab versions, so they're out given need to cart around child car seats and the like. The Ram is ugly, huge, and incredibly long given that it's a long bed crew cab model (168.9" wheelbase! 259.4" length!), but at least that long bed would give a good place to store the CNG tanks safely away from the passenger compartment while maintaining decent utility.

Screen Shot 2012-11-02 at 7.06.52 PM.png

https://www.fleet.chrysler.com/v7fleet/StaticFiles/files/general/Ram_2500_CNG_Brochure.pdf

Pricing is $12k more than an equivalent gas-only Ram, so about $55k all said and done for a nicely equipped SLT model.
Way back in 2012 I nerded out about the Ram 2500 CNG, as that's what I do (and there's a certain amount of sense in my insane earlier ramblings).

Anyway, over last night and tonight I revisited this old idea in this twitter thread:

What I found:

1) The Ram 2500 CNG appears to have been discontinued in 2017.
2) It had really crap payload and towing numbers for a nominally 3/4 ton truck.
3) Landi Renzo could convert a 6.2 liter gas F-350 to bi-fuel CNG/gas, on the other hand, and maintain good capacity.
4) Alternatively, Alliance Autogas would convert a 7.3 liter gas F-350 to bi-fuel LPG (propane)/gas similarly.

Fueling up at a U-Haul would be a trip.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Besides, the real marker is net worth, not absolute debt numbers.

I’ll let you all know when I hit a cool million.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
773C1079-9D43-4158-A8B0-078738FE2A86.jpeg

Boots we have:

14.0 Mondo
17.5 (Yuna this season)
19.5 (Mariko this season)
adult boots

Skis:

70 cm
92 (Yuna)
108 (Mariko)

@stoney you all set for kid-gear this season?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
View attachment 151596

Boots we have:

14.0 Mondo
17.5 (Yuna this season)
19.5 (Mariko this season)
adult boots

Skis:

70 cm
92 (Yuna)
108 (Mariko)

@stoney you all set for kid-gear this season?
Yep. Haley has an extra set of boots we got last year that fit now and her skis are good. I have a pair of Rosi 20.5 3-clamp that the girls can have next year if needed. They were damn near new when we picked them up and have Haley's full season from last year on them.