Quantcast

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Besides, the real marker is net worth, not absolute debt numbers.

I’ll let you all know when I hit a cool million.
/me raises hand silently

This rising market-tide has lifted my boat, eh

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
on this topic, I remain a smol wee-horsie

View attachment 152251

alt pickup line: "Baby, did you know that a non-pathologic low resting heart rate is associated with a large stroke volume?"
Was even lower last night:

45-55 bpm resting is much more common for me. I was especially relaxed despite several cats coming in and out, apparently.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

I guess my challenge is 6 weeks after all. They just don't post the next week until it's the prior week.

This was the tough ride for week 4: 60 minutes, intervals in zones 3 and 4 because it was a Power Zone proper ride. The high zone stuff at the end instead of 4 was on me, as mentally that felt better than grinding out zone 4. All the variability in the power output was because I was at 55-65 rpm cadence out of choice.

All I have left in week 4 are the easy extra credit rides: one PZ Endurance 30 min ride, another PZ any type 30 min+ ride, and another 30 min+ ride/activity.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
This is amazing.

Most popular nissan products I´ve seen in my market are actually Renaults in drag. Engineered, manufactured and distributed as actual renault part numbers, thru renault supply chain (euro suppliers, euro warehouses, etc).
They (employees at Nissan, not the company itself) probably are scrapping the bottom of the barrel for workload/relevance at the factory.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
oofda

Week 5 ride 1 of my 6 week Power Zone Pack challenge was a tough one. 45 minute, Power Zone Max, so intervals in zones 3-7. Hit 1,254W max over a 15 second interval.

These graphs are of the same ride. One just has resampling error but also has zones overlaid.

Capture 2.PNG
Capture.PNG

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Still not completely dead
also enjoy the sexy presenter
I remember being at the LA auto show a number of years ago and Elio was there promoting it's 3 wheel, super efficient car. I actually sat in it, and thought it was kind of neat. That said, I'm not quite sure what it is about a 3 wheel car and I'd love to be able to put my finger on my it, but there is some how nothing about a 3 wheel car that doesn't scream "vaporware" or straight up scam. IE, Elio. Glenn Beck gold line or Bitcoin, but for car dorks.

Last edited:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
@Toshi if you had to commute 7.8km every day in a city like Copenhagen what would you choose.

EV - quick but parking is tricky at the office. Clearly the most expensive option and it would be the second car.

Bike - a little slower, a lot of rain and dirty road half of the year. Upgrade to e bike but safe parking might not be an option and bikes are stolen all the time if it's anything nice.

Public - Slow and not cheap

I guess you could buy a short range cheapish EV and only use it when the weather is bad and ride on other days but knowing my wife she would end up driving all the time.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
@Toshi if you had to commute 7.8km every day in a city like Copenhagen what would you choose.

EV - quick but parking is tricky at the office. Clearly the most expensive option and it would be the second car.

Bike - a little slower, a lot of rain and dirty road half of the year. Upgrade to e bike but safe parking might not be an option and bikes are stolen all the time if it's anything nice.

Public - Slow and not cheap

I guess you could buy a short range cheapish EV and only use it when the weather is bad and ride on other days but knowing my wife she would end up driving all the time.
How flat is the commute?

If flat I don't see the need for a rechargeable commuter.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
More or less 100% flat.
Then you know what it takes having been in NYC, something non-descript with mudguards and a hefty lock that you(she?) can hopefully leave in place to avoid carrying it home each day.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I'd still go for the e-bike. Can dial down the effort on the way in, ride in in work clothes, and then ride with more effort on the way back. More flexibility == more days actually on the bike/"bike".

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Then you know what it takes having been in NYC, something non-descript with mudguards and a hefty lock that you(she?) can hopefully leave in place to avoid carrying it home each day.
We both rode to work in NYC but we both had safe bike storage at work so we could ride our fancy bikes to work. Also a lot wetter here so it's really tough on drive train to ride every day and I know who will be put in charge of bike maintenance.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
We both rode to work in NYC but we both had safe bike storage at work so we could ride our fancy bikes to work. Also a lot wetter here so it's really tough on drive train to ride every day and I know who will be put in charge of bike maintenance.
Take a look around and see what there might be with a belt drivetrain?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
My commuter single-speed roadie in NYC cost $200 new and I used $100+ of locks on it, I know well what you mean :)

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I bought an old 60s Schwinn cruiser for a project bike. When I started stripping it I found like 10-11 layers of paint. We joked that "this frame has been painted by every thief who ever stole it".

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
For those waiting on the edge of their seats with bated breath regarding the shell I ripped on a tree branch while climbing White Ranch back in November: Arc'Teryx is unfortunately unable to repair my shell, because Paclite Goretex isn't repairable. They're offering a 40% discount as a crash replacement of sorts, though, so I'm taking them up on that.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
say hello to your Skynet overlords

At least they are hybrid-electric so as to be cleaner for the environment and to sneak up on you silently before they kill you

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
606E55CC-2FCF-46FC-A43A-AE979D6DEF94.jpeg
AC7AF75B-081A-4B5D-90E2-CF682B73CBE5.jpeg

Kids are skiing well. Mariko still can’t ski moguls despite her claims. Video on Twitter and facespace.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Just put in for some extra ski days since I have a lot of vacation time due to the whole "not traveling" bit. Right now the floor of my season, assuming no injuries, etc. will be 34 days, albeit many with kids. Some extra days snuck in are possible outside of vacation time proper, too.