Quantcast

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Second estimate is back and much more reasonable.

View attachment 157913

I'd be ok with a concession of this $9,760 (new Trex at my expense).
They told me to pound sand. And I’ll just withdraw my objection since the drywall itself doesn’t sound like it’ll be too bad and the deck is basically baked into the price. We shall proceed.

53C07FC8-6956-4A1F-99FE-769BA0317D0B.jpeg

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
"Extreme value "... :rofl:
Compared to what condos with stupid HOA fees are going for it is a deal!

just with the ugliest finishes of all time.

I‘ve got to come up with a list of what needs to be done in what order to get it ready to use (and rent).

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
38AB8849-0BA3-40DC-B7EC-86F86CD4D504.jpeg
2C8C298D-2E69-4591-91E6-C9A83C83254A.jpeg

I had a random tweet go semi-viral yesterday, retweeted and replied to by people with follower counts far above mine. 2 million+ views. Craziness.

(Diet Coke tastes better, for the record.)

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
*Never had zero.
**Never deliberately had diet
***Don't recall the last time I had normal, maybe 2017 at an aid station on the last 100 miler mtb race I did.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Driving out to Winter Park today saw a big ol' trailer setup: A 3-axle Momentum toy hauler pulled by a Dodge 3500 DRW Mega Cab Cummins. I don't know the particular floorplan, but this is probably the minimum given the 3 axles:

2,800 lb hitch weight when unladen at 14,700 lb. 20k GVWR, which would be 3,809 lb.

Using 2018 truck specs since Dodge doesn't have easily findable PDFs for later years and assuming the highest numeric final drive ratio: 6,580 lb payload, 14k GVWR, 39,100 GCWR, 31,210 lb max trailer weight rating.

I'm not quite sure how that math lines up, as isn't GCWR - GVWR == trailer weight rating? Whatever. In any case it seems well up to the task of that big toy hauler.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Don't blink on negotiations. Rates are rising and buyers will thin out.

I rarely buy soda, but if I do I'd buy coke zero. Because reasons.

I've not owned a band new vehicle.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Don't blink on negotiations. Rates are rising and buyers will thin out.
I'm going to blink and go through with the deal as it stands, without concessions. The deck was baked into our initial offer, and the actual drywall repair won't add that much to the deck job that's just going to be done this summer instead of the next.

We're locked at 3.000% fixed x 30 years on the first mortgage on the Tabernash place. Second to take it to 90% LTV is of some high unspecified rate but I'll get that paid down soon enough.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Things we will need, noting that linens proper unlisted are going to be part of the Vacasa linens program. Vacasa's list of what's required is actually a really nice reference, with some stuff required but superfluous (iron?!) but others good in that we've noticed their absence at other rentals in the past.

1.5 quart covered saucepan
3 quart covered saucepan
8 quart covered stockpot
4 quart covered sauté pan
10" skillet (non-stick of some sort)
8.5" skillet
Coffee maker (French press) x 2
Coffee grinder x 2
Toasters x 2
Water glasses x 20
Wine glasses x 20
Large and small plates x 20
Bowls x 20
Coffee cups x 20
Wine/bottle opener x 2
Can opener x 2
Spatulas
Measuring cups x 2
Cooking knife set x 2
Steak knife set x 1
Mixing spoons
Whisks
Pancake spatula
Cheese grater
Potato masher
Ladle
Potato peeler
Spaghetti spoon
Oven mitts x 2 sets
Cutting board set x 2
Strainer
Knife sharpener
Pyrex Snapware set
Baking dish
Roasting pan
Cookie sheets x 2
Pizza pan
Pizza cutter
Kitchen scissors x 2 (not on list)
Paper towel holder x 2
Wastebaskets and recycle bins x many
Plastic cups and plates for kids x several
Kid silverware (not on list)
Pitchers x 2
Serving platters
Mixing bowls/salad bowls
Blender
Slow cooker, large
Rice cooker, 10 cup fancy
Electric skillet (optional)
Waffle maker (optional)
Pillows x 20 (including basement stash here)
Pillow covers x 20
Mattress covers x 5 (verify sizes!)
Gel pillow(s) (not on list)
Bath sheets
Comforters, etc. Jessica to handle
Extra blankets for closets/cold nights x 8?
Accent pillows
Plungers and toilet brushes x 4
Hair dryers x 3
Doormat
Ironing board
Iron
First aid kit x 3
Fire extinguishers x 4
Broom and dustpan (optional)
Vacuum x 1 (optional)
Flashlights (ideally rechargeable/plug-in, optional) x 4
BBQ utensils (optional, might be included)
Bunch of lightbulbs (need to survey sizes)

Whew.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Re Friday afternoon mountain-bound traffic:

The westbound I-70 peak period shoulder lane should be finished sometime, maybe over the summer? They will extend from the Veterans Memorial Tunnels to just after US-40/Empire/exit 232, so perfect for my uses. And Friday afternoon will be a period when they'll be employed!

The peak periods on westbound I-70 are Friday afternoons, and Saturday and Sunday mornings during peak summer and winter travel seasons, as well as holiday mornings. Therefore, the Westbound PPSL is likely to be open to traffic on Friday afternoons, and in the mornings on Saturdays, Sundays and weekday holidays. Exact hours of operation have not yet been determined
they only can be used a certain portion of the year:

The agreement for the Eastbound PPSL is that it can be open no more than 100 days of the year and no more than 1,168 hours per year. The agreement for the Westbound PPSL is that it can be open no more than 125 days of the year and no more than 965 hours per year.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Helicopter to Idaho Springs and you'll be all set :p
With my right lane late merging New York ways the Floyd Hill squeeze usually isn't too bad. So it's just that stretch until the first tunnel, and on Friday afternoons should be ok. I'm planning on taking every last Friday afternoon off all winter long.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

Nice dive into the independent suspension on the redone Tahoe/Yukon/XL/Suburban. My Land Cruiser definitely lacks in interior volume vs its size due to body on frame + live rear axle.

But all of the house related stuff goes far above cars in my ranking at this opint.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

Nice dive into the independent suspension on the redone Tahoe/Yukon/XL/Suburban. My Land Cruiser definitely lacks in interior volume vs its size due to body on frame + live rear axle.

But all of the house related stuff goes far above cars in my ranking at this opint.
"Buy two houses," they said.

"It'll be great," they said.

:D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Miller Mountain Services went back to the place for the front deck measurements for the updated quote (entryway, front 2nd story deck Trex, shoring up rear deck + Trex, fixing interior wall + paint, removing the under deck storage "sunglass" panels). I elected for the top nail + plug option on the Trex as he said in the long run it'd be less of a pain in the ass than under-board clips. He said their sales guy should have the quote by Sunday.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Just got word that middle and elder kids are both accepted at the Denver Public Schools grade 1-5 highly gifted and talented-only school, Polaris. This will make the school dropoff song and dance more complicated, but will be the best for their education.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Just got word that middle and elder kids are both accepted at the Denver Public Schools grade 1-5 highly gifted and talented-only school, Polaris. This will make the school dropoff song and dance more complicated, but will be the best for their education.
I will be disappointed if they dont become the standard asian prodigies in music and math, but probably not as disappointed as you will be. I suppose there is some cruel Asian ritual for that

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
(Diet Coke tastes better, for the record.)
I don't know. My mother always drank Diet Coke and as a kid it always tasted like chemicals.

Girlfriend drinks Coke Zero, if we ever buy pop. It definitely tastes better than Diet Coke, but the taste is still off.

I hardly ever get some, but a near freezing coke after a big bike ride is delicious. Almost as good as an ice cold beer.

Things we will need, noting that linens proper unlisted are going to be part of the Vacasa linens program. Vacasa's list of what's required is actually a really nice reference, with some stuff required but superfluous (iron?!) but others good in that we've noticed their absence at other rentals in the past.

1.5 quart covered saucepan
3 quart covered saucepan
8 quart covered stockpot
4 quart covered sauté pan
10" skillet (non-stick of some sort)
8.5" skillet
Coffee maker (French press) x 2
Coffee grinder x 2
Toasters x 2
Water glasses x 20
Wine glasses x 20
Large and small plates x 20
Bowls x 20
Coffee cups x 20
Wine/bottle opener x 2
Can opener x 2
Spatulas
Measuring cups x 2
Cooking knife set x 2
Steak knife set x 1
Mixing spoons
Whisks
Pancake spatula
Cheese grater
Potato masher
Ladle
Potato peeler
Spaghetti spoon
Oven mitts x 2 sets
Cutting board set x 2
Strainer
Knife sharpener
Pyrex Snapware set
Baking dish
Roasting pan
Cookie sheets x 2
Pizza pan
Pizza cutter
Kitchen scissors x 2 (not on list)
Paper towel holder x 2
Wastebaskets and recycle bins x many
Plastic cups and plates for kids x several
Kid silverware (not on list)
Pitchers x 2
Serving platters
Mixing bowls/salad bowls
Blender
Slow cooker, large
Rice cooker, 10 cup fancy
Electric skillet (optional)
Waffle maker (optional)
Pillows x 20 (including basement stash here)
Pillow covers x 20
Mattress covers x 5 (verify sizes!)
Gel pillow(s) (not on list)
Bath sheets
Comforters, etc. Jessica to handle
Extra blankets for closets/cold nights x 8?
Accent pillows
Plungers and toilet brushes x 4
Hair dryers x 3
Doormat
Ironing board
Iron
First aid kit x 3
Fire extinguishers x 4
Broom and dustpan (optional)
Vacuum x 1 (optional)
Flashlights (ideally rechargeable/plug-in, optional) x 4
BBQ utensils (optional, might be included)
Bunch of lightbulbs (need to survey sizes)

Whew.
No wok?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I will be disappointed if they dont become the standard asian prodigies in music and math, but probably not as disappointed as you will be. I suppose there is some cruel Asian ritual for that
Elder kid definitely isn’t a music prodigy. She sounds very much like a standard early Suzuki method violin player. That is, not very good. It’s painful to my sense of pitch.