Quantcast

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Luckily renters DGAF about dumb finishes. :D
It’s really weird. Like multiple paint colors in large rooms. Pinks, greens, blues, yellows.

Formica in the kitchen, but granite tiles everywhere in the basement and main floor.

Narrow weird stairwell because they put the parallel second stairwell next to it as part of their attempted duplex heist.

Fancy moldings and baseboards but then the total crap tile job on the decks.

Pinkish stucco outside.

It’s a straight up Florida house in the mountains. But an EXTREME deal.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
It’s really weird. Like multiple paint colors in large rooms. Pinks, greens, blues, yellows.

Formica in the kitchen, but granite tiles everywhere in the basement and main floor.

Narrow weird stairwell because they put the parallel second stairwell next to it as part of their attempted duplex heist.

Fancy moldings and baseboards but then the total crap tile job on the decks.

Pinkish stucco outside.

It’s a straight up Florida house in the mountains. But an EXTREME deal.

You need to build a giant garage as to be the dominant frontal architectural element. Add some Styrofoam core columns.

Unless it already has that, then just expand it.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
You need to build a giant garage as to be the dominant frontal architectural element. Add some Styrofoam core columns.

Unless it already has that, then just expand it.
No columns. It's a big box.

But it does have the garage as the main thing presented from the road, at least.

Note that the garage doors are of perceptibly different widths. My best guess of why is because of the second duplex-attempt stairwell, tucked in besides the rightmost-in-photo garage door… eventually we'll rip that down those redundant stairs and expand the garage to a true 2.5+ car width.

On the upside the construction seems sound besides the decks. Window wells are about 7.5" deep, utility bills were low for being inhabited full time, NG boiler pushing water to 8 radiant heat zones under that granite tile.

garage.jpg

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Where do you go boating around there?
Grand Lake, I imagine. HOA prohibits such things being stored outside so he carefully maneuvered its trailer under the far half of the deck. So the deck is at least two boat-sizes (more because of the central walkway up the middle).

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Screen Shot 2021-03-27 at 2.43.49 PM.png

Ordering up some prints for the new place. 40 x 30" one is a Winter Park trail map. Others are my own photos, for which I'll also pay myself (deducted prorated against rental income) for the rights.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I think it is time for Mariko to move up to a 24" wheeled bike.

(it might not be time but it is certainly time for Yuna to move on from the 16" one!)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Project Mountain House update:

- still awaiting full deck work quote

- also still awaiting the appraisal, deadline for objection/backing out based off of that being 4/6 (but highly unlikely an issue)

- going to have to kick the Land Cruiser out to the driveway imminently as much bulky stuff has arrived and is taking up room being staged in the front hallway and kids’ schoolroom now:

— king bed frame (which will go back to Costco if the house already has a king bed)
— king sized memory foam mattress in its still-wrapped-and-compressed boxed form
— long skinny boxes for curtain rods
— one of multiple pending very long, not as skinny boxes for the cellular blackout shades for the upstairs bedrooms
— seven 30 x 20”-canvas print sized (doubled up inside) and one 40 x 30” canvas print sized boxes from Costco Photo Center, the large one being a Winter Park trail map

With over a month to go until closing and a ton more stuff of varying bulk still yet to be procured my half of the garage will be sacrificed to the cause. It’ll make getting the kids’ bikes and the electric cargo trike out of the garage for neighborhood rides much easier anyway, so this may well last past closing.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
*Hail season soon.
Yeah, we did discuss that. But it’s been outside in at least one hailstorm without damage (when I had the Tesla always displacing it), and once we close and move this junk out of the garage to its permanent destination then I’ll be able to rearrange bikes/trikes to get it under in a pinch.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
IMG_6688.PNG

Appraisal finally came back as well. $780k appraised value so no issues with $762k contract price, which is amusing since all of the comps were significantly higher/sq ft.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
vehicle.png

In case y'all were wondering, if I elected to drive a Ford Transit I'd probably configure it something like this

XLT Long 250 High Roof, EcoBoost, 3.73 LSD, AWD. Wouldn't fit in the garage (or the work garage!), sure. But the headroom!

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I don't want the running boards, remote start or power door, kthx.
Power door for little kids is super key. Running boards for small peoples, same, plus it's never going off roading proper. :D Remote start because it'd be out in the snow, always, and killing the environment a little bit at a time for convenience is American.

edit: having anything that doesn't fit in my work or the Winter Park parking garages is a strong indicator that it will never happen, in case that's not clear

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I think I forgot to cross-post. Photo is already out of date—pile is higher yet—but here was the 2-days-ago staging area for household stuffs to take to the Mountain House. Land Cruiser booted to driveway, sitting on its Battery Tender Jr.

Miller Mountain Services finally got back with the quote to redo all the tiled areas with Trex (back deck, small front deck, front entryway area), fix the moisture-laden wall adjacent to back deck, and to demolish the "house sunglasses" storage area beneath the back deck. This is more or less what I expected.

Screen Shot 2021-04-08 at 12.44.03 PM.png

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

caption:

This is 31 different models or iterations that make up an ensemble of data for the GFS. The blue line is the control for the GFS that you see many people cite and use in posts on social media. The solid black line is the mean or average all of them.
The lines represent potential snowfall accumulation for the Denver area thru April 17th. As you can see, there is a very large spread.
The control is about 8"
The mean average is about 14"
The highest model output is 39"
The lowest model output is 0.5"
Like, really? WTF LOL
I hope this illustration and explanation helped despite the fact that we have no idea how much snow could fall at this point.
hmmmmmmmm

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
View attachment 158726

In case y'all were wondering, if I elected to drive a Ford Transit I'd probably configure it something like this

XLT Long 250 High Roof, EcoBoost, 3.73 LSD, AWD. Wouldn't fit in the garage (or the work garage!), sure. But the headroom!
There was a pretty swanky looking Dodge 2500 camper van at red rocks yesterday in a very similar configuration. No idea what such a monstrosity costs vs the ford.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Pile is substantially bigger now.

Went to bump up our "15' parcel truck" rental at Enterprise Truck to a 24' box truck… but due to when I made the reservation and demand now or whatever the algorithm takes into account prices are much, much higher. Try $109 vs $40 for that same 15' truck and correspondingly higher for the bigger ones.

So I kept the current reservation and we will pack that sucker to the roof.

Edit: even worse!

Current 15' rates: $39.95/day x 2 days, 300 miles included for free, 69 cents/mile after that

If redone today 15' rates: $109/day x 2 days, 0 miles included for free, 69 cents/mile from mile 1

Yeah, nah.

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
"Buy a 2nd house," they said...
I'm just glad the furniture is included with this second house. This pile is upstairs blackout cellular shades, kitchen and bath stuff, new pillows (x 20!), king bedframe and mattress.