Quantcast

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Detail of limited interest

Ford has partnered with solar installer SunRun to install an intelligent backup power system. SunRun will install an intelligent inverter in the customer’s garage with a CCS charging connector. CCS is the connector standard for DC fast charging. When the system detects a power outage, it can automatically switch to drawing power from the truck’s battery at up to 9.6-kW.
CCS! At home! And the author, 5.5" bed description aside, seems fairly technically competent and explicitly said it's for DC typically.

another source confirms this

Ford's 80-amp Charge Station Pro with Intelligent Backup Power features a CCS charging plug, which is the type found at Level 3 fast chargers. When connected to the Charge Station Pro, optional with the Standard Range battery but standard with the Extended Range pack, the F-150 Lightning can feed 9.6 kilowatts of power through the CCS plug's larger bottom ports, through the Charge Station Pro, and back into a home's power panel.

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Anyone in the peanut gallery with hot tub heater experience? @jonKranked ?

In Tabernash looks like I'll be paying 62.153 cents per therm of NG + a small fixed cost I'd be paying anyway given the house's NG boiler.

Electricity for now will be 10.9 cents/kWh but I'll be switching to a time of use plan where 5-10 PM electricity is 21 cents/kWh but outside of those hours it'll be 7 cents/kWh. (I need to switch to that to get the EVSE rebates from the power company.)

At those energy costs would you pick NG or electric for a hot tub heater? This page lays out some simple math:

- fixed additional cost of $1,000 for the NG setup
- 29.3 kWh per therm
- 80% presumed efficiency for NG heaters, 100% for the resistive electric heater
- let's assume 40 kWh/day energy usage given that it gets cold and the tub will be large

So NG costs for year 1 would be $1,000 + 365 days * 40 kWh/day / 29.3 kWh/therm / 80% efficiency * 62.153 cents/term == $1,387. $387/year after year 1.

Electricity costs in any year under time of use would be: 365 days * 40 kWh/day * (21 cents/kWh for 5 hours + 7 cents/kWh for 19 hours)/24 hours per day = $1,448.

I think I just answered my own question here, assuming my math is sound. NG would break even in one year and save a grand+ per year going forward. Plus then I could have them run an NG line to the middle of the deck for a grill while at it.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
cool that you can power your house with it in case
power is out at your house...
This is actually a feature when part of all electrical vehicle that really will make renewable energy even more of a viable energy source as we are quickly building up a huge amount of battery storage globally that can balance out demand and supply. Anything else would be crazy when cars are not driving most of the time.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Anyone in the peanut gallery with hot tub heater experience? @jonKranked ?

In Tabernash looks like I'll be paying 62.153 cents per therm of NG + a small fixed cost I'd be paying anyway given the house's NG boiler.

Electricity for now will be 10.9 cents/kWh but I'll be switching to a time of use plan where 5-10 PM electricity is 21 cents/kWh but outside of those hours it'll be 7 cents/kWh. (I need to switch to that to get the EVSE rebates from the power company.)

At those energy costs would you pick NG or electric for a hot tub heater? This page lays out some simple math:

- fixed additional cost of $1,000 for the NG setup
- 29.3 kWh per therm
- 80% presumed efficiency for NG heaters, 100% for the resistive electric heater
- let's assume 40 kWh/day energy usage given that it gets cold and the tub will be large

So NG costs for year 1 would be $1,000 + 365 days * 40 kWh/day / 29.3 kWh/therm / 80% efficiency * 62.153 cents/term == $1,387. $387/year after year 1.

Electricity costs in any year under time of use would be: 365 days * 40 kWh/day * (21 cents/kWh for 5 hours + 7 cents/kWh for 19 hours)/24 hours per day = $1,448.

I think I just answered my own question here, assuming my math is sound. NG would break even in one year and save a grand+ per year going forward. Plus then I could have them run an NG line to the middle of the deck for a grill while at it.
Efficiency depends on model and age.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
So if the power goes out, my truck powers the house, but what happens next morning when I need to drive somewhere? :p

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
This is actually a feature when part of all electrical vehicle that really will make renewable energy even more of a viable energy source as we are quickly building up a huge amount of battery storage globally that can balance out demand and supply. Anything else would be crazy when cars are not driving most of the time.
It's already promised for this truck, besides the power-from-outlets and vehicle-to-home power sharing capability that's been well publicized:

In the future, Ford will introduce Ford Intelligent Power, which can use the truck to power homes during high-cost, peak-energy hours while taking advantage of low-cost overnight rates to charge the vehicle in time for your morning drive. This can help save money on electricity that powers your vehicle and home while also taking pressure off the grid in peak usage times.
Yup, that's straight up vehicle-to-grid as a buffer. It's mindblowing to me that Ford is the company pushing this forward to commercial adoption.

So if the power goes out, my truck powers the house, but what happens next morning when I need to drive somewhere? :p
With the onboard power outlets it's set to alert the user and halt the power distribution on either a set threshold (e.g. 20% state of charge) or when the vehicle senses that it's nearing the amount of charge it needs to get to the nearest charging station that it knows of.

In your case, though, you could run it down to 1% and then recharge through regen on the way down the hill in the morning. :D

Efficiency depends on model and age.
But as a ballpark I think this looks right. ~10 cents/kWh versus 61 cents/29 kWh makes the math fairly easy regardless of the exact NG heater efficiency.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
@Toshi, shoot me a PM. our energy use for the HT is negligible. but to be fair i never really bothered to scrutinize it closely.

worth nothing (and will likely incur the higher maintenance costs) is that the water needs to be changed at minimum every 6-9 months (depending on usage & type of sanitation system, which given that it is at a rental you will likely need to change it more frequently). what's the water hardness at the mountain house? and is there a water softener? water hardness can drastically reduce the longevity of the tub systems. if you have hard water and no softener, like we did at first, it's $50 - $100 for the chemicals to reduce hardness each time you drain and fill (depending on tub capacity & water hardness). we had issues elsewhere in the house due to hard water, so we eventually got a water softener, now we don't have to treat our water when we refill (but there are other chemicals needed to treat the water when refilling to get it ready to use).

what's the size of the tub? is it a straight chlorine system or salt? or something else?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
@Toshi, shoot me a PM. our energy use for the HT is negligible. but to be fair i never really bothered to scrutinize it closely.

worth nothing (and will likely incur the higher maintenance costs) is that the water needs to be changed at minimum every 6-9 months (depending on usage & type of sanitation system, which given that it is at a rental you will likely need to change it more frequently). what's the water hardness at the mountain house? and is there a water softener? water hardness can drastically reduce the longevity of the tub systems. if you have hard water and no softener, like we did at first, it's $50 - $100 for the chemicals to reduce hardness each time you drain and fill (depending on tub capacity & water hardness). we had issues elsewhere in the house due to hard water, so we eventually got a water softener, now we don't have to treat our water when we refill (but there are other chemicals needed to treat the water when refilling to get it ready to use).

what's the size of the tub? is it a straight chlorine system or salt? or something else?
I haven't picked anything. Punting everything to Vacasa's court:

We’ll handle everything

And we mean everything. We’ll research and recommend the perfect hot tub for your property, purchase it, and have it professionally installed.

Then, we’ll handle regular maintenance once your tub is up and running, like balancing the chlorine and pH levels, draining and refilling the water, and arranging any specialized repairs. And all this comes at no extra cost to you—so when you arrive, all you’ll have to do is relax and enjoy your personal spa.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I haven't picked anything. Punting everything to Vacasa's court:

good to know. FWIW, we have a salt system and really like it. it takes a bit more chemicals when you fill it, but once its up and running you have to add less chlorine less often, and it also doesn't smell quite so much like a swimming pool - meaning you won't smell like chlorine when you get out. i think our tub is around 350 gal, which is about 4 people. we've fit up to 6, but its tight and you get some overflow (water loss).

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Thanks, @jonKranked . I did recall your salt system, and assuming I have much choice in the matter will prod Vacasa towards a salt system, a NG heater, and as big of a hot tub as is feasible with maintained walking space around it on all sides.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Thanks, @jonKranked . I did recall your salt system, and assuming I have much choice in the matter will prod Vacasa towards a salt system, a NG heater, and as big of a hot tub as is feasible with maintained walking space around it on all sides.
salt systems also tend to not refilling as frequently as straight chlorine systems, however there is more upfront cost to the system.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I should rent a Hyundai Ioniq 5 for 1-3 months and then not buy it, just to fuck with them

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
finally caught a photo of the message popping up while driving, indicating the car is attempting to self-actuate the power sliding door

An update on the ghost-activated sliding door: Wasted a half day traveling to/from the dealer to get this checked out a week or two ago. They reflashed the door button module--who knew that was possible?

Anyway, it wasn't fixed. Still doing this, more often. Oh well.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Unreliable FIAT you say?
Hey @Sandwich how many times have the doors on your Alfa tried to automatically open while you're driving along with your offspring in the back, or randomly opened themselves while it's parked up at home?

(I used to love my little Alfa 147, shit that was 20 years ago...)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Unreliable FIAT you say?
It'll probably be traded in an equally reliable VAG, er, VWAG product in two years or so, and that's if the finances for trading it in end of year for a dealer-stock 2021 PacHy don't work out.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
It is a day ending in "day" so it is time for some navel gazing as I still have an hour+ left at work

What would I get and give up in swapping out my beloved twice-owned-by-me Land Cruiser for a F-150 Lightning Pro?

Things lost:

Adding ~40" in length will make it much more of a pain in the ass to park, and will furthermore mean that it primarily lives outside. My garage is 12" longer than it so I could wedge it in come snow or hail, but I think I'll just mount its EVSE on the outside of the house and assume that it'll live in the driveway. The 360 degree camera will help in parking.

No third row in a pinch. The Land Cruiser's 3rd row is cramped and sacrifices cargo room, but it works when needed. That said, we also have a minivan and the times when we need 4WD and 6 or 7 seats are few and far between. I can live with this, and when the PacHy gets traded in on a (AWD) VW ID Buzz in the hazy future then this will be even less of an issue.

Nostalgia. I do like that Land Cruiser and its nameplate's history. Perhaps a local will buy it from me and it'll live on locally.

A bit of money. It'll probably cost $50-100/mo more net between depreciation/insurance/energy costs to have something other than the Land Cruiser, although further gas price rises could minimize this.

No more leather trim for the vinyl-shod Pro. No seat heaters, either!

Things gained:

275 hp at sea level when new with a widely-spaced 5 speed automatic --> 426 hp at any altitude with no lag and no shifting. It'll be much, much faster even in small battery configuration.

Backup power for my home via the 80A EVSE with CCS connector (!). Sure, it'll only charge at 48A still with the small battery. If the price on the EVSE + home integration is too high then I'll just run an extension cord into the house with either the 2.4 kW or 9.6 kW onboard power (again dependent on pricing).

2000 lb payload > 1500 lb payload. Bikes can go over the tailgate or on my hitch rack.

Electric! So quiet, the zippiness as above, remote interior conditioning, always being "filled up" coming from home.

15 years and 175,000 miles newer for all the other wear items, although my Land Cruiser is in pretty damn good shape.

Novelty without ostentation. A working man's pickup even if I'm not a working man in that sense.

>>>>>>>>

Logically should I wait another few years for an electric Explorer? Quite possibly, for the parking issue + the similarly cramped 3rd row option. But by then Ford will be out of currently-written-tax-law Federal tax credits, CO's tax credit will be lower, and there likely will not be a $40k-before-credits contractor-grade model. It's the existence of this trim that really drives me here: I am not excited at all about, say, a $53k XLT (or $50k dual motor Cybertruck).

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
totally normal amount of sheer junk left behind by prior wood- and old stereo-gear-packrat prior owners

Few more items added to garage pile yet.

Going to hire a dude to haul this away with his pickup + trailer as U-Haul in Granby has no trucks available through next week, I may well have gotten it stuck driving it around the house to the basement entrance anyway, and time == money.
Ultimately came out to be 3,500 lbs of junk per the transfer center's scales! 2 dudes x 2.5 hrs + dump fee == $636.50. Well worth it.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Hey @Sandwich how many times have the doors on your Alfa tried to automatically open while you're driving along with your offspring in the back, or randomly opened themselves while it's parked up at home?

(I used to love my little Alfa 147, shit that was 20 years ago...)
zero. it's surprisingly reliable in all honesty. It's just built really poorly, and not to the level of a 2020 honda or toyota.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Still left to do:

- hang canvas prints everywhere (noting the subset of them in the photo above were still in their plastic wrappers thus the wrinkly appearance)
- random coat hanger hooks and the like to mount to studs
- move some furniture between floors, quite possibly via exiting the walkout basement and headed around the house up the grade to the front door rather than going up the stairs
- hunt down painter dude for an interior painting quote
- touch up one segment of prior-dog-damaged wall and then hide it with abovementioned moved sofa

- get leaking-into-wall shower by sauna fixed up enough for Vacasa clean-and-photo purposes
- proper Nest install for the last 3 of them
- set up CenturyLink DSL

Whew.
Finally pestered the painter enough to get a formal quote. $3,500. This is for the ~1,400 sq ft main floor, two stairwells (one one flight, the other two flights), the hallway, one bedroom, and the big loft with high ceilings upstairs. The loft needs its ceiling done as well but otherwise just walls, one color.

I am 100% down with this quote, especially given the height of the walls and ceiling in the loft, this being the higher side of the sloped room:

Still some other things to resolve as above before we are listed officially on Vacasa and potentially getting some revenue, and this is ignoring the deck redo (awaiting HELOC approval) and hot tub (awaiting deck redo).

I think we'll just keep the sauna area closed off for Vacasa purposes so that the shower isn't a holdup, not that it would be a problem to get it patched up before the painting is done. That adjacent shower plus sink but no toilet area is really not attractive, honestly: industrial grade matte paint, cheap tile on floor and in shower, and super, super echo-y because it's all concrete walls under the garage there (as in the adjacent storage complex).

I'll pop the last 3 Nests and install the replacement CenturyLink modem on Saturday, and hopefully all will be tidied up there, lesson learned re paying others for that.

Getting closer!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Things gained:

Electric! So quiet, the zippiness as above, remote interior conditioning, always being "filled up" coming from home.
I've mentioned this before but shall mention it again: There's a mind game aspect to having an electric, PHEV, or even efficient mere hybrid car in that at least in my household we always grab the keys of the most electric option.

When we had the Prius and the Fit we'd always take the Prius given a choice. That the Fit was a uncouth, loud grey interior penalty box with no cruise control made that choice easier yet.

When we had the Leaf (or later the RAV4 EV and Tesla) and the Land Cruiser, we'd always take the electric if we didn't need the room or the 4WD. With the Leaf and RAV4 EV we had to worry a bit about range, sure, but in reality anywhere in the Front Range was fair game and with the Tesla, anywhere in the day-trippable mountains.

Now that we have the PacHy and the Land Cruiser I always take the minivan unless I need to carry bikes, there's a big snowstorm, or the wife needs to drive it somewhere during the day. This latter condition has been a vanishingly rare occurrence during this virtual schooling year but all that will change in August, of course. The Land Cruiser spends the vast majority of its life sitting on a battery tender in or directly outside my garage.

(The astute reader will note that we did have both the BEV Tesla and the PHEV minivan at the same time. In that electric vs electric (at around town ranges) matchup the Tesla always got the nod, being very quick and easy to park anywhere.)

Once the kids' in person schooling resumes in August then I will no longer have the option of poaching the wife's lovely, serene PHEV minivan for driving to work, but I expect to be able to place my actual order for a F-150 Lightning Pro well before Christmas... and the Land Cruiser really isn't bad to drive but merely the loser in head to head "which keys to grab?" competitions that we stage mentally each time we leave the house.

I will survive this somehow.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

Took the Land Cruiser up so that I could bring up bikes. Yuna cried uncle (literally crying) 1.0 miles in, along the Fraser-Granby trail that has an intersection very near the house. Mariko and I rode a bit more after dropping Yuna back off at 2.0 miles, finishing at a grand 2.6, at which time she announced she was exhausted. Neither kid is able to shift on their own.

Had to pack efficiently because the body on frame Land Cruiser is no minivan. Still couldn't fit in one small bedside table box, but there will be other times.

Baby girls 3 across, because wide vehicle is wide.

Multi-Nests now set up. The 8th is in the basement and refused to join the app, probably due to WiFi reception down there. (The Nests are pretty finicky about that!) Those are set temps, not actual ambient room temps, for the record.

Switched over to CenturyLink officially and got their VDSL modem set up. Not the promised 60 Mbps speed but better than either a stick in the eye or the speeds of the long range WiFi provider, whom I emailed and asked to cancel. 'twas a prudent decision to go month to month with the long range WiFi outfit, as it turns out.

Also got the carpet Bisselled, the Land Cruiser's Homelink set up, another Roku plugged in with its gratis HDMI extender, and swapped out the broken-connector inside unit of the Yale Assure lock.

Setting up the Yale lock's smart module and Connect WiFi bridge box was a bit of a pain in the ass due to incorrect instructions and the latter being super picky re positioning between the door and the router. But it's done, and now I can set up fancy time-limited door codes, and can give Vacasa app access as an admin so that they can manage rental-related codes directly.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

Nice view this morning. Some afternoon storms this weekend.

Got out on short bike rides with the elder girls: the one mentioned a post up and a slightly longer no-tears ride with Mariko alone this morning. Will encourage them to hike the next few times we go up so that we can take the minivan. :D

Decided that a few more window coverings need to be replaced. $3,058.65 later checking out on costco.com. Wide, tall windows (many of them ~92 x 72") are nice to look out of, but not cheap for window coverings! Regular blinds don't even come wider than 84" at Bali so forced my hand for cellular or other options.

A view of the weird main-floor kitchen. Old-person cabinets, too many of them corner ones that are oddly deep (and glass-paneled!). No knee room at all at counter. Formica on the countertops and granite tiles on the floor because backwards.

The space is 12 x 12' within the confines bounded by the counters. 34.5" additional by the vacuum to the edge of that window. Down the road we'll redo it, certainly changing the layout from where it is, going gas, etc. But that's a few years out yet unless this place rents like gangbusters and makes me rich.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Decided that a few more window coverings need to be replaced. $3,058.65 later checking out on costco.com. Wide, tall windows (many of them ~92 x 72") are nice to look out of, but not cheap for window coverings! Regular blinds don't even come wider than 84" at Bali so forced my hand for cellular or other options.
We need blinds for a bunch of our big wide/tall windows, what didja get?

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark

Took the Land Cruiser up so that I could bring up bikes. Yuna cried uncle (literally crying) 1.0 miles in, along the Fraser-Granby trail that has an intersection very near the house. Mariko and I rode a bit more after dropping Yuna back off at 2.0 miles, finishing at a grand 2.6, at which time she announced she was exhausted. Neither kid is able to shift on their own.

Had to pack efficiently because the body on frame Land Cruiser is no minivan. Still couldn't fit in one small bedside table box, but there will be other times.

Baby girls 3 across, because wide vehicle is wide.

Multi-Nests now set up. The 8th is in the basement and refused to join the app, probably due to WiFi reception down there. (The Nests are pretty finicky about that!) Those are set temps, not actual ambient room temps, for the record.

Switched over to CenturyLink officially and got their VDSL modem set up. Not the promised 60 Mbps speed but better than either a stick in the eye or the speeds of the long range WiFi provider, whom I emailed and asked to cancel. 'twas a prudent decision to go month to month with the long range WiFi outfit, as it turns out.

Also got the carpet Bisselled, the Land Cruiser's Homelink set up, another Roku plugged in with its gratis HDMI extender, and swapped out the broken-connector inside unit of the Yale Assure lock.

Setting up the Yale lock's smart module and Connect WiFi bridge box was a bit of a pain in the ass due to incorrect instructions and the latter being super picky re positioning between the door and the router. But it's done, and now I can set up fancy time-limited door codes, and can give Vacasa app access as an admin so that they can manage rental-related codes directly.
I now have 1000 Mbps and I still lose connection to the Nest camera that is super close just outside the front door with the router less then 15ft away inside the house. The one by the detached garage is much more reliable. I did try to complain to Nest but was just put through to endless amount of CC staff around the world.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I now have 1000 Mbps and I still lose connection to the Nest camera that is super close just outside the front door with the router less then 15ft away inside the house. The one by the detached garage is much more reliable. I did try to complain to Nest but was just put through to endless amount of CC staff around the world.
Sounds like you need a better router, regardless of the upstream link speed.

Right now my Denver house is running off of one ASUS RT-AX86U in the basement and an Airport Extreme in the master bedroom (because a hard drive hooked up to it is thus the backup drive for our Macbooks), and reception is fine for our four Dropcams/Nest Cams.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Sounds like you need a better router, regardless of the upstream link speed.

Right now my Denver house is running off of one ASUS RT-AX86U in the basement and an Airport Extreme in the master bedroom (because a hard drive hooked up to it is thus the backup drive for our Macbooks), and reception is fine for our four Dropcams/Nest Cams.
I can get 600 Mbps on my Iphone8 with the same distance to the camera. Like the camera and the router is almost exactly at the same height and not much in between them. It's not the stream quality that is the problem it just that it goes offline randomly.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I can get 600 Mbps on my Iphone8 with the same distance to the camera. Like the camera and the router is almost exactly at the same height and not much in between them. It's not the stream quality that is the problem it just that it goes offline randomly.
The Nest devices may well have inferior antenna design than the phone. I get WiFi in the basement of the mountain house fine on computer and phone but the Nest thermostat thinks it's in a radio-free wasteland down there.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
TIL that there is a liftblog.com

and it is quite compelling to read actually

I like chairlifts

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Latest brilliant/stupid idea:

Buy that Lightning Pro speced out as above (standard range, 360 cam, other packages only if cheap). Mount whole house inverter and its 80A EVSE on outside of garage, and relegate the F-150 to the driveway.

Keep the Land Cruiser since I clearly would miss it. It’ll live in the garage since it fits nicely at 192.5”.

List the Lightning on Turo, blocking off ski and other mountain house trips. No delivery, only pickup from where it lives. (Let Turo renters use the house’s outside EVSE as extra perk.) Drive the Lightning daily when it doesn’t rent. Drive Land Cruiser when it does rent.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Successfully switched to this plan. This current usage was before setting up the EVSE in Tabernash to not charge between 5-10 PM.

Capture.PNG

Rebates were for 50% of the electrician's fee and the EVSE. I'd only claimed $813 in credits so don't know how they got more than that, but I won't complain! I'll also get more back come tax time via the reinstated Federal EVSE credit.

In other house news we apparently have a bird problem. Swallows are making mud nests up by the roofline and the neighbor reports that what were a few dozen is now over 100. Yeah, not so great.

Colorado Critter Control will be out Tuesday to give an estimate and I'll do whatever they recommend since this must be addressed.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
In other house news we apparently have a bird problem. Swallows are making mud nests up by the roofline and the neighbor reports that what were a few dozen is now over 100. Yeah, not so great.

Colorado Critter Control will be out Tuesday to give an estimate and I'll do whatever they recommend since this must be addressed.
Pretty sure you ain't gonna be able to do anything until they're done nesting... then you can knock the nests down.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Pretty sure you ain't gonna be able to do anything until they're done nesting... then you can knock the nests down.
Yeah, seems like they are protected as migratory birds. Also seems like the prior owner would just blast their shit with a power washer in defiance of The Man and nature.

: shrugs: