Quantcast

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hey @stoney you want to buy Jessica's skis for Sarah?

2018-2019 Blizzard Black Pearl 98. 153 cm. DPS Phantom on the bases. Bindings on demo plates.

Thinking $400. If you pass I'll toss them up on Facebook. She prefers her 80 mm underfoot Atomic carving skis and doesn't feel the need to venture past the front side of the mountain.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
View attachment 165980

jbp unapproved grass is looking decent after overseeding and Revive
is that a requirement by your development? Lighten your load and plant some variety local perennials in place of that. Our grass shrinks every year using this method. It takes exactly 4 minutes to mow with a mechanical mower.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
The HOA mandates some level of maintenance. Not sure where the line is.

But I like having it look lush.

Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 3.45.06 PM.png

In other news it got cold all of a sudden! Will be a chilly ride in tomorrow morning for my 8-5 in-hospital shift on the beastly e-bike.

I drained the outer part of the sprinklers (no blowout system), turned off the controller, and disconnected the hoses. Time for the greenery to batten down for winter.

I wonder if any deck work is getting done amidst the snow (!) up in the mountains at the house. hmm

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Context is that it snowed this much at Winter Park over a 24 hour period either ending today or yesterday morning:

me to contractor:

Hi [contractor],

Any updates on expected timeline given the demo work your guys got done before the snow, and now the snow? Thanks.

-[me]
his prompt reply:

Hey [me]! We have nearly all the deck demo done only a little remains on the back deck. The front is all done and upper one as well. We should have a dumpster being dropped off today or Monday. For all the trash( it's been a pain to get a dumpster on site) The bottom glass area below the deck is all done too. We should be starting to deck on Tuesday or Wednesday of next week when the decking arrives.
Also got clarification re the deck railing, noting that it was clearly all pulled down with the demolition work in my pano photo from this Monday: "All the railing is labeled and ready to go back up once the decking is back on."

:notbadobama:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Appraisal 2 came back today... at a cool million flat.
Closing tentatively scheduled for 10/21 (on the Tabernash place). Acknowledged receipt of the final closing disclosure today and then they schedule 3 days out.

The terms changed a bit! for the better.

Was 1.000 point to get 2.375% fixed x 30 years. Unbeknownst to me that got lowered to 0.875 point for that same rate. Maybe this is because the appraisal came in nice and high thus at 69% LTV even rolling in the closing costs and with a bit of extra cash back to me at closing? Anyway, not complaining.

Other non-prepaids on the loan costs:

$550 appraisal
$33 credit report
$14 flood certification
$50 optional e-closing fee (more stuff e-signed in advance, made our other closing a legit 15 minute affair)
$70 tax related service fee
$1,700 in various title fees (closing protection letter, endorsements, lenders title insurance, settlement fee)
$141 in recording fees
To go from 3.000% at conforming limit + a janky 6.51% variable rate HELOC for the balance to 2.375% fixed x 30 years for the whole amount is quite fabulous indeed, very much worth those fees IMO. APR works out to be 2.456% all said and done.

Illustration of "quite fabulous indeed" using my actual closing costs:

Screen Shot 2021-10-16 at 3.35.28 PM.png

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
9D332F63-297B-4A82-9D68-5C63162F53B2.jpeg

F5D89C00-700D-4F61-87FD-F45B8C57F997.jpeg

I-70 overpass over Quebec St was redone, and the street underneath and new concrete multi use paths are similarly new.

Of course, they don’t actually connect to anything. That’d be too useful. They just end. Maybe a decade later when they redo the next bridge south on Quebec they’ll hook up to a real path.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
View attachment 166144

View attachment 166145

I-70 overpass over Quebec St was redone, and the street underneath and new concrete multi use paths are similarly new.

Of course, they don’t actually connect to anything. That’d be too useful. They just end. Maybe a decade later when they redo the next bridge south on Quebec they’ll hook up to a real path.
Must be taking cues from the city of Colorado Springs. Tons of bike trails, of which maybe 20% of might actually be useful for real commuting and/or eliminating vehicle use.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Must be taking cues from the city of Colorado Springs. Tons of bike trails, of which maybe 20% of might actually be useful for real commuting and/or eliminating vehicle use.
Thankfully the Sand Creek Greenway exists and (not coincidentally as I chose where to build) goes from my neighborhood right by the hospitals. It is legit useful.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
For the record, the (rider) torque sensing (motor) power modulation on the Juiced behemoth feels much better in the 10-20 mph range at assist levels 1 and 2, as opposed to the S and R levels I was at before.

(again recall the options are off, levels 1, 2, 3, S, R in ascending assist order.)

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Thankfully the Sand Creek Greenway exists and (not coincidentally as I chose where to build) goes from my neighborhood right by the hospitals. It is legit useful.
Must be nice. I quit riding my bike to work a couple years back. Traffic in this town anymore is just dangerous for a bike commuter any more. A north/south bike lane or greenway on the east side of town could be a literal life saver.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I have friends in the old country who are Ferrari geeks. Theirs are new and still high maintenance.
Yeah, the breakdown of cost for their frequent routine services is absurd.

The F355, for example, requires what they call an “engine-out service”, which is basically an overhaul for your motor. This needs to be done every three to five years, depending on how many miles you’ve put on the vehicle and how much you drive it.
But the service costs an average of $7,000 if the motor doesn’t need any extra work. If it does, then you can expect to pay around $25,000 to $30,000.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007

The transmission was rebuilt and the clutch was replaced in 2018, and the seller notes the transmission can be difficult to shift until the engine is warm.
:think:

Fuck that noise.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
The black/black 993T is my dream car.

That said they're all selling too rich for my blood, and I believe people buying them up now are going to be sitting on them as investments, and I want a car to drive.

Damn, that looks good though.
1996_porsche_911_turbo_16341620310399e24dIV5A8351.jpg

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Obv the 993 looks tops, but I always liked the 964 Celebration in voila. Not that I could have insured it, but I looked at buying one ~20 years ago.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001

Last week we were walking near our house, a ferrari rolled down the street and the engine shut off. It pulled over and we chatted for a bit while he waited for the tow truck.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Capture.PNG

First commute in on the beastly e-bike, that thing truly an e-moped. Quite acceptable. Note nice, high cruising speed much of the time (slowed down on campus for that last mile or so), and heart rate reflective that I am indeed doing some work.

I used the throttle for about 0.5 seconds moving away from a stop while in a high gear, but otherwise all pedal assist, mostly in assist level S (of 0-3, S, R).

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

That is because people don't actually buy Ferraris to drive, they are only for being seen in. I don't think I have ever seen one on a road that would be fun to drive, just sitting in traffic in fancy urban areas or prominently parked in front of a fancy hotel or restaurant by the valet.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I don't disagree. In this company's lineup my choices were 4" or 47 mm. I'd rather have 4", as she said

True, there definitely will be a ton of gyroscopic stability with a super heavy wheel/tire combination, and that's likely reassuring.

I'll pedal along for sure. I'll just pedal at a 14 mph effort while going along at 28 mph.
Not sure if this is the case with all large tires? But all the ebikes that roll by my house with large tires the noise from the tires are unbearable.