Quantcast

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Went down the rabbit hole of reviews and the Fischer RC One 86 GT looks like it’d be fun as a frontside ripper that’s heavy and stable. @SkaredShtles you have Fischer Rangers, no?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
5E3ADADF-1003-4AC0-BAD5-BE9683EB2EF2.jpeg

FDDE85C5-1BF8-4244-AB5E-A64189F92DFD.jpeg

A good day skiing with Jessica and Yuna. Groomers and trees are what Yuna likes so that’s what we did.

Demoed the Brahma 82. Marginally more precise on groomers but harder to break loose and slide in the trees to scrub speed, and not as fun feeling in general.

Got some decent footage of Yuna as well. She is almost parallel when the slope isn’t too steep.

Note fancy backwards skiing at decent speed in the second half!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Giving some Chinesium LED 9005/9006 headlight bulbs a chance on my Land Cruiser.

Unlike the 5 minute mod on one of the tabs on 9011/9012 replacement HIR bulbs (yes, R not D here, different tech) no modifications should be necessary.

If the beam pattern is not sharply cut off superiority at the horizon these will 100% be returned.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Went up to house today, and the deck railings… are not done! Quelle surprise

Two segments of railings are done on the back deck. All posts but two are installed at least.

No posts and no railings on the two small front decks.

Contractor claims he’ll be out tomorrow and the day after to finish it up. We shall see.

A7A47E43-7E25-4326-93DE-FD6D63CE09AB.jpeg
A151A73B-A428-49BA-82AD-6C60006F44AB.jpeg

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Deck update: 3 posts short. But they're in stock locally and the deck(s) should finally be done tomorrow!

Jerb hunt update: Flying out to Florida (!) in 3 weeks for an in person interview. This particular job may be on the too-high-volume side of things but I'll see what the vibe is. In person interview but this would be for a partnership-track 100% remote position. 40 weeks worked, 21 weekend days worked, M-F 8-5 Mountain time.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Having a 3-wheel-drive, 250 mile range teardrop shaped EV would be awesome. Could park it outside 24/7 to gather up those sweet solar panel-derived miles.

I'd totally take that thing up on solo skiing days.

Worst case is that I lose $100 for now, and get $2 back when they dissolve and go through probate. :D

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
And one for you, @Nick

That's nice. The driver seat bolsters are barely wrinkled, let alone cracked. Gorgeous green too.
Im waiting for my stock gambling trades to print and I'll shop for a 993. Until then, daydreaming works.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Unlike the 5 minute mod on one of the tabs on 9011/9012 replacement HIR bulbs (yes, R not D here, different tech) no modifications should be necessary.
I did this HIR replacement on my car a few years ago and found them to be much better light, compared to the standard candle sticks.

But, they burned out after like one year. And they both went out within 24 hours of each other.

Might try again, might not.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
House update:

- HOA is nitpicking railings, in particular side gaps + the change of color from the original rusty-spec ones
- Vacasa is nitpicking decor. I think they want new comforters (ours are new but not of their liking?), matching side tables in the main floor, and maybe pulling the admittedly chintzy chandeliers and replacing them?

So the headaches on those fronts continue. At least it's fulfilling its purpose of being useful for us this winter, even if it's not generating any revenue.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
That's nice. The driver seat bolsters are barely wrinkled, let alone cracked. Gorgeous green too.
Im waiting for my stock gambling trades to print and I'll shop for a 993. Until then, daydreaming works.
$135,964 for a 964 C2. Wow.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I think it's too high for a C2. But it did come across nicely as a complete package, as she said reputedly.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Giving some Chinesium LED 9005/9006 headlight bulbs a chance on my Land Cruiser.

If the beam pattern is not sharply cut off superiority at the horizon these will 100% be returned.

Out with the old halogens. Both high beams had browning of the glass. Low beams didn't.

In with the new "Sealight" brand LEDs.

LED in vehicle-right, halogen in left in first shot, both LEDs in the second.

Old beam pattern projected on garage door.

New pattern has a bit more spread but not radically different. This might be an artifact of exposure of the camera, too.

As a final attempt to tease out whether off-axis light emission is much higher with the LEDs a video where I pan vertically from above axis through the low beam, halogen then LED sides:

gonefirefightin

free wieners
House update:

- HOA is nitpicking railings, in particular side gaps + the change of color from the original rusty-spec ones
- Vacasa is nitpicking decor. I think they want new comforters (ours are new but not of their liking?), matching side tables in the main floor, and maybe pulling the admittedly chintzy chandeliers and replacing them?

So the headaches on those fronts continue. At least it's fulfilling its purpose of being useful for us this winter, even if it's not generating any revenue.
Find someone in the office that you like and work well with and keep your transactions with that one person. The offices around here have many peeps looking over the listings and it can get convoluted and micro managed a bit by several peeps. The more things you can change for the sake of the listing the better I have found, besides, they are write offs.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
I don't know what made me wander in this thread. Curious to see how you do with the drop in LEDs. I did this recently and while around town they felt much brighter without getting flashed, once I hit the wilds of northern New Jersey, the lighting seemed to fall short.

Read a lot about updating stock halogen lighting with LEDs on a 4Runner message board (can you believe there's a board like that for something so nuanced? What a bunch of losers!), and most people confirmed what I experienced, that the projector is just not designed for LED. It's recommend going the H11-H9 / 9005-9011 replacement route, which I may go ahead and do and try to unload the spendy LEDs I got.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I don't know what made me wander in this thread. Curious to see how you do with the drop in LEDs. I did this recently and while around town they felt much brighter without getting flashed, once I hit the wilds of northern New Jersey, the lighting seemed to fall short.

Read a lot about updating stock halogen lighting with LEDs on a 4Runner message board (can you believe there's a board like that for something so nuanced? What a bunch of losers!), and most people confirmed what I experienced, that the projector is just not designed for LED. It's recommend going the H11-H9 / 9005-9011 replacement route, which I may go ahead and do and try to unload the spendy LEDs I got.
Mine were cheap at the very least. $70 via Amazon in total for two 9005, two 9006.

Around town they are very bright indeed. No one has flashed me yet. Maybe everyone's just inured to overly-bright lights from OEM and backyard mods by this time.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
I went all the way with finned LEDs, correct harnesses and the DRL modules so they wouldn't flicker. By the time you get the LEDs in, spread the fins and shove all the ensuing infrastructure behind the dust cap, it's a tight fit.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I went all the way with finned LEDs, correct harnesses and the DRL modules so they wouldn't flicker. By the time you get the LEDs in, spread the fins and shove all the ensuing infrastructure behind the dust cap, it's a tight fit.
Yeah, mine definitely don't light with the DRLs, so I'll have to remember to switch the headlights on formally if I want daytime light action.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

Dropped off my Baby Aya via e-bike, as the Land Cruiser is lent out to visiting high school friends up at the mountain place now to ski.