Quantcast

Totem - is this normal?

Rhubarb

Monkey
Jan 11, 2009
I was off my Totem for around 4-5 months waiting for my new delerium to arrive. I change the uppers to run a 1.5" steerer and mounted the fork when the frame arrived. I was checking my sag and noticed that when the fork settled it seemed to stick really bad. I can put my full weight on the bars and the fork does not move. If I give it a really hard push or release the pressure on the bars then it will move. Pushing down and releasing the fork moves okay and since I dont have anyone to compare forks with I would say it feels okay when its moving, how it would be on the trail. I cant remember how the fork felt before since it was so long ago and never picked up on this before. I did the floodgate mod while the fork was on the last frame.

At first I was thinking hydrolock as I could of screwed up something when transfering the lowers onto the new upper assembley but since I dont really know what that would be like I cant point to this. I would also think it would become evident on the trail and not just in static position. Then yesterday I starting thinking about all the complaints about bushings on Totmes and 66s and I thought it could be my bushings are too tight with the new upper assembly?

Any suggestions.