Quantcast

Totem SoloAir

dklopp

Chimp
May 1, 2007
Carnation/Spokane, WA, USA
I recently bought a used RS Totem SoloAir at amazing price off of a friend, but there are a few things about it.

Neither the floodgate or the LSC makes any noticeable difference in the suspension, although the rebound works. And I can't turn the HSC with my hands (my friends says it takes big honkin' pliers), so I dont know if it makes any difference or not because I dont have my pliers here at school.

Has any one else had these problems? Is there a way to fix it?

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
As for the damping issues, my first guess is that the fork is low on damper fluid (oil). It is not unheard of for the lower damper seal head seal to fail on current RS forks. When this happens the oil from the damper leaks into the lowers. First you will lose compression, then you will loose travel...then finally you will loose your rebound damping.

The good thing is it is a simple fix..just an o-ring.

On the other hand, are you sure you are turning the flood gate 'on' (the silver knob in the up position????

The HSC knob certainly should not be that hard to turn. Could be an o-ring or seal out of place, or something could be bent...you will need to pull the mission control out and poke around....

The manuals and instructions/videos for all of this are on the RS site....

dklopp

Chimp
May 1, 2007
Carnation/Spokane, WA, USA
Yeah I know how to activate the flood gate, press in and turn 90 degrees and the knob pops up. I was thinking that maybe it was low on damper fluid and I did check out the videos on the sram site. I do still have a few questions for when I tear it apart.

1. Can I take out the mission control damper without dropping the lowers?
2. Is the damper fluid the same as the lubrication fluid (15 wt rockshox/sram performance oil)?

As for the damping issues, my first guess is that the fork is low on damper fluid (oil). It is not unheard of for the lower damper seal head seal to fail on current RS forks. When this happens the oil from the damper leaks into the lowers. First you will lose compression, then you will loose travel...then finally you will loose your rebound damping.

The good thing is it is a simple fix..just an o-ring.

On the other hand, are you sure you are turning the flood gate 'on' (the silver knob in the up position????

The HSC knob certainly should not be that hard to turn. Could be an o-ring or seal out of place, or something could be bent...you will need to pull the mission control out and poke around....

The manuals and instructions/videos for all of this are on the RS site....

aj-monkey

Monkey
Oct 11, 2007
Squampton, BC
I recommend that you take it to your lbs. To answer your questions yes you can take out the mission control damper without dropping the lowers and no the oil weight in the lowers of the fork is different to in the top. Seriously though if your still asking Q's like this after reading the tech manuals and watching the sram vids I strongly recommend you take it someone to do it for you!