Quantcast

Tough Phone?

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
There is an add that has apperently come out on TV for a mobile phone that is supposed to be a bit tougher as far as being able to get dropped...etc Who makes that? I don't have TV, so I haven't seen the add. I seem to be pretty good at dropping my phone while at work and having multiple tools come tumbling down on it at once. Just checking to see if anyone knew the story, thanks.

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
There are a few on the market - Nokia make a pretty good one (can't remember the model) and Siemens make on (but it's not as good as the Nokia). Those are the only ones I've tried but there may be others.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I'll vote for that Nokia too. My housemate has one and it is pretty damn tough. You could drop kick it hard and I'm sure it'd be fine. It has a cool digital compass too. :)

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
i used to have a motorola. the most basic phone used by nextel. dont remember the model.
this thing is a brick.

dropped, rolled over, scratched, thrown, grinded against the floor... and it never missed a beat.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I saw one for kids that looked practically indistructible, waterproof, etc. Problem was it was for kids and had like programable 4 buttons and that was it. Good for a little latchkey kid that might need to call mom, dad, and 911, but pretty useless for anybody else.

fubar5

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
Houston, TX
I have a Nokia 6010 and seems to be tough as nails. I got mad at a caller one time (family) and threw my 6010 against the wall and it shattered into pieces..but it worked later when I put it all back together. Then, one time it was in my backpack in the bed of a pickup and got soaked (started raining on the way) and when I got it out, a bunch of water drained away but the phone still worked with no quirks...friggin amazing.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i am still using an LG6000 which is discontinued. good luck finding a siemens phone that you can use on a USA network. Nextel has a Moto flip phone that is all rubberized and water resistant. i cant remember the model number of it though.