Quantcast

Tour de France Urban Ride – Thursday July 22nd

Allroy

Chimp
Aug 20, 2002
Maryland/NOVA
Tour de France Urban Ride – Thursday July 22nd

This is a night that bikers dream of, come out and enjoy an urban assault through DC, for all skill levels, followed with watching Stage 17 (which will be one of the toughest mountain stages) at McFaddens (2401 Pennsylvania Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20037 - (202) 223-2338). MORE, OLN & DC101 have teamed together to deliver a great night of biking, prizes and some healthy competition, don't be the only one to miss out!

If you’ve ever had a hankering to watch people jump off loading docks, ride on narrow railings, lots of other random dumb stuff that makes you grin from ear to ear and last but not least ‘bomb’ some secret steps cough cough… (easy fellas, that just means ride down, in bike speak), can’t forget you’ll get the absolute best view of the Watergate hotel, that is far more interesting than any history class can teach you! This will be a no pressure fun ride, any bike you have is fine, just make sure you bring a helmet!

Check out the MORE website for additional info, or shoot me an email.

Let’s meet at McFaddens and be ready to ride by 6:30, see you there.

-jason

rideLIKEjehu

Monkey
Jul 11, 2001
495/66/50/29
i'm down... dunno if i can make it at 6:30, but mebbe i'll call ya and see where y'all are. i'll prolly end up skipping the tour viewing, i've been geeking for a good street ride. we'll hook up the regular thursday street crew with the MORE crew.

triumphbc

Chimp
Oct 9, 2003
Arlington, VA
i hate whoever invented boondocks. maybe we could meet up at a more feasible hour and catch up with the group? my gf lives by a metro, i may try that this time... dunno.

ps - got a screen printing kit this weekend, first project being a dc street t-shirt. should be the bees knees.

rideLIKEjehu

Monkey
Jul 11, 2001
495/66/50/29
swweeet! i can send you the AI file if you want it.

i've been haggling with my host all day trying to get the dcstreet.com back up online. that's what i get for having such a cheaparse host i guess...

**edit: yeah, 6:30s early for me too, let's plan on the standard 8pm meetup and hook up with jason's crew wherever they may be. maybe we meet up in the city instead of rosslyn??

rideLIKEjehu

Monkey
Jul 11, 2001
495/66/50/29
:p yeah, but we've all got our skillsets... i mean, not many folks here can don the red spandex shortie-shorts for a snow ride and get national coverage for it :D

MikeT

Monkey
Feb 17, 2002
Hell
rideLIKEjehu said:
swweeet! i can send you the AI file if you want it.

i've been haggling with my host all day trying to get the dcstreet.com back up online. that's what i get for having such a cheaparse host i guess...
http://www.lipweb.net/

good service and cheap rates :D

on topic, I might make it down, but the only meeting place i know is rosslyn...

-Mike T.

triumphbc

Chimp
Oct 9, 2003
Arlington, VA
i've got skills comparable to a bag of rocks, so it should be fun. anyone who says otherwise is going to have to answer to my boondocks.

a later meet in dc sounds good, details to come i assume

rideLIKEjehu

Monkey
Jul 11, 2001
495/66/50/29
at least a few will be riding pre-TDF viewing. i know ricky's been known to throw down some trialsin' maneuvers :D & jason's been out on a few rides with us.

what say we change the meeting place this thursday to 8pm @ freedom plaza? that way we can hang with the more crew a bit before they head off to watch TV :sneaky:

CowboyLeo

Chimp
Feb 12, 2003
2 oh 2
Maybe im just a defective human being (ok fine I am)

But when is the ride ending and the viewing starting? Cause if its not too late, all the Rosslyn crew who coudln't come early could show up at McFaddens and meet up with anyone who didn't wanna stick around for the viewing and we'd keep ripping up the city

rideLIKEjehu

Monkey
Jul 11, 2001
495/66/50/29
CowboyLeo said:
Maybe im just a defective human being (ok fine I am)

But when is the ride ending and the viewing starting? Cause if its not too late, all the Rosslyn crew who coudln't come early could show up at McFaddens and meet up with anyone who didn't wanna stick around for the viewing and we'd keep ripping up the city
according to the MORE website the viewing begins at 8:00 at McFaddens. since we're talking about moving the meeting place to DC anyway, maybe it's a good idea just to meet there. is this place all ages??

if anyone can make it out early, there will be a crew leaving mcfaddens at 6:30 riding till 9ish.

rideLIKEjehu

Monkey
Jul 11, 2001
495/66/50/29
whew, parking at 6:30 in that area is going to be rough. the meters become free at 7 and parking spaces magically appear. before that, you may have to do a few laps or just park wherever you can and ride in from there.

rideLIKEjehu

Monkey
Jul 11, 2001
495/66/50/29
yeah, i know... i figure if it rains, we'll just hang at the bar and watch the tour and maybe ride after it stops raining...

oh by the way, i just found out that mcfaddens is not all ages... only 23 and up will be allowed in. retarded. see y'all at 8 regardless...

MikeT

Monkey
Feb 17, 2002
Hell
well that was awsome, show up in dc, find parking, get out of the garage at 6:30. Starts pouring hard... great, go back to the garage.

-Mike T.

TryAndStopMe

Chimp
Feb 21, 2004
"oh by the way, i just found out that mcfaddens is not all ages... only 23 and up will be allowed in. retarded."

retarded is right! whats their justification for making it 23+? 21 and 22 year old's money isn't green enough? eff mcfaddens!

rideLIKEjehu

Monkey
Jul 11, 2001
495/66/50/29
yeah, it was seriously a place that i'd never set a foot in otherwise... my only thinking is that they're near GWU and they wanna keep those pesky college kids out. too bad the crowd was fulla just-graduated ex frat guys and gals.