Quantcast

Tour de France

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Schleck's pinnin' it. Fabain absolutely drilled it.
What the hell was Schleck's problem in the prologue? The guy loses over 30s in less than 10k and then gives Contador a run for his money in the TT. Had he not dropped his chain, and had a much better prologue, he could have won the race. Maybe he can squash Contador next year.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
What the hell was Schleck's problem in the prologue? The guy loses over 30s in less than 10k and then gives Contador a run for his money in the TT. Had he not dropped his chain, and had a much better prologue, he could have won the race. Maybe he can squash Contador next year.
Maybe Uncle Bjarne hadn't reached up into the top of the cupboard where he keeps the really good stuff at that point?

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
No dropped chain would have made for such an exciting finish to the race :mad:
After watching the replay when he dropped his chain, when Schleck dropped his chain he was GONE, with only Vino around to chase him. Contador was WAY back, and I'd bet there would have been a decent chance for him to escape if some had made the jump with him (the way there were several around Contador when *he* jumped).

Oh well, congratulations Andrew Contador, winner of the 2010 TdF*.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Let me just take the time to say fvck armstrong. Almost 40 minutes off?

You know that guy can pin it in a TT and he just doesn't even try any more. If I was sponsoring that guy, I'd be pissed. What a princess.
He's old, and might actually be almost clean right now. What more do you want out of him?

He does have some other rather serious things to think about right now :D

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Armstrong didn't have a very good ride, but I'm not sure what you're saying. He lost time on the pave stage and then crashed numerous times in one day and was out of GC contention. He then slowed it down in the later stages in order to conserve for a possible stage win that didn't come. Lots of people do that kind of stuff.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Armstrong didn't have a very good ride, but I'm not sure what you're saying. He lost time on the pave stage and then crashed numerous times in one day and was out of GC contention. He then slowed it down in the later stages in order to conserve for a possible stage win that didn't come. Lots of people do that kind of stuff.
I'm talking about the time trial specifically.

Other than that one stage he took off in a break away that fedrigo won, he's been on cruise control since that day he ate shlt three times. He should be yanking horner and levi up hills and pedaling his balls off in time trials. It's indicative of an "if I can't win, why bother" approach.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride

Other than that one stage he took off in a break away that fedrigo won, he's been on cruise control since that day he ate shlt three times. He should be yanking horner and levi up hills and pedaling his balls off in time trials. It's indicative of an "if I can't win, why bother" approach.
RS didn't have anyone that could make the podium, so the new plan was a stage win (accomplished) and to win the Team General Classification (also accomplished) which is a much bigger deal then most people realize, and without Lance I think neither would have happened..

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride

The course for Stage 19 was quite flat but ran in a northwesterly direction toward the Atlantic Ocean. The winds were relatively calm for the riders who started early in the day, but increased significantly as the afternoon wore on. Riders like Alberto Contador, Andy Schleck, Sammy Sanchez, Lance Armstrong and Denis Menchov had to fight their way through a stiff head-cross wind that wasn’t nearly as strong a few hours earlier. That reduced their speeds and put their finishing times in the mid-30s to mid-40s instead of the top 20 on the stage.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
RS didn't have anyone that could make the podium, so the new plan was a stage win (accomplished) and to win the Team General Classification (also accomplished) which is a much bigger deal then most people realize, and without Lance I think neither would have happened..
It's not that big a deal. Name the last 5 team GC winners.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Armstrong
Kloden
Leipheimalphabet
Horner

Yeah great job guys. Really stellar. Shoot for the moon there.

All I remember year after year is who won the team GC. I've actually got it tatooed by my tramp stamp.

And what's that got to do with the 2nd and 3rd place finishers, A stiff head wind and armstrong not pedaling again? Andy fvcking schleck got third. Headwind schmedwind.

I just coined schmedwind

Last edited:

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
All I remember year after year is who won the team GC. I've actually got it tatooed by my tramp stamp.
No one has ever given two fvcks about who won the team GC. Until this year, when the LA PR machine made it matter more than a participation ribbon at the special olympics. Funny how that happened, eh?

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
No one has ever given two fvcks about who won the team GC. Until this year, when the LA PR machine made it matter more than a participation ribbon at the special olympics. Funny how that happened, eh?
King of spin...

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
That's how you know road biking is boring. When something as gay as a little fingerbang at the finish line is the only thing noteworthy and memorable about a rider.........to the point of making graphics........you're in a lame industry.