Quantcast

Tour of the Charles River

splat

Nam I am
Well as you have all Herd by Now we had a record Amount of rain. and it has caused some issues. so today I got on My Road bike and did a 50 Mile Jaunt zig zagging my way over the Might Charles River.

First Stop , Bellingham, MA

This is Has come way Back down from where itwas , it is still a lot more water that Usual

Next Into Franklin,MA

this is next to an Old Mill , this too has recedded a lot ! but it is still a lot more than Usual.

OK Now This section of Medway ,MA was very heavily Hit , I like the temporary walkway that was put in .

In Norfolk MA , The river took back some of this yard.

Also Jut down the road from that there was a temporary Traffic light put up because only one lane of traffic could get through , when the river Crested.
Now on to Millis ,

you don't suppose they are talking to me ?

This is rt 109 a pretty Major road

It wasn't really that bad , ( I was told it the level had dropped by over 12 inches . ) my feet did get wet

and this is the flood plain , was like this on both sides of the road . it was very impressive.

Hey another one of these signs.

this time they mean it ! it was not passable even by me.

ok SO up 27 to Sherborn, and I have never seen this much water in this section .

Then I passed this on the road , I stop and pick up tools. they are not in to bad a shape.

Next the South Natick Dam.

here is a Picture I took in February when the ware level was somewhat Normal

Today , and that Blue ball has been stuck in the rip current for days Now ! My wife said it was there on Wednesday.

Taken In February , Down Stream where it goes under the next bridge , I know this isn't great , but it should give an idea of how high the normal level of the water is on this bridge.

Today ! a little higher. Note ther eis usually an Island where those 2 trees are

Near the South Natick Dam , anyone up for a Game of water polo ?

oh Noes! a Sea monster !!!

next into Dover. the Cop told me the river crested here Yesterday it has since gone back down about 6 inches ( another closed road but down I went. Cop said OK )

It was pretty Deep here , my feet got wet.

at this point I turned and Headed for Home, and had a Nice 50 Miles total when I got Home

Last edited: