Quantcast

Tour predictions...

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
I know there is probably one in another forum but we need a lounge one.

Predictions?

Though I think Jan is due...
I think the good money is on this order: Basso, Levi, Jan

However, I'd like it to go like this: Levi, Landis, Hincapie

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
It looked like Basso might have thrown it all on the line at the Giro, whereas Jan was saving himself. But Basso is a freak of nature and I wouldn't be surprised to see him destroy the peloton at the Tour.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
I'm interested in seeing how Rasmussen rides this year, and while I don't know if he has it in him to take the win, he's certainly on my list of who I'd like to win.

And of course Basso, Ullrich, Hincapie, Floyd and others will make it a great race. :D

fubar5

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
Houston, TX
I'm thinking Ullrich or Basso, but I read recently that Telekom has had alot of injuries this year so Basso may have the advantage of a stronger team at this point.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Unless he gets sick or something, I think it's Basso's race. He's got the best team, the best DS, the best form, and great momentum coming off the Giro. He knows the only one who beat him last year is not riding. He will hold his own in the TT's and ride away from every other GC contender in the mountains.

Ullrich will only be close if he can make up huuuge time in the time trials. They are long and favor his style, so maybe, but I think he will lose too much in the mountains. And he hasn't shown the drive to turn second place into a win the following year.

Look for Landis and Levi to be the top Americans, either or both in the top three. Landis won early this year, Levi just took the Dauphine, and both are motivated with solid teams. Disco won't be 100% behind anyone at first and that will hurt their GC hopes. Hincapie top 10 maybe, would love to see it.

Boonen in Green.

Polka Dot? Hmmm...Mayo? How's about Danielson for the left field pick?

Zabriskie for the prologue or...David Millar? Ullrich maybe, but he won't want to defend from day one.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
pepe said:
I think I agree with OG for the most part.
for the most part.

i'm hoping we'll see more of a dogfight than in years past.
in years past the only suspense was waiting for lance to lay the smack down.

this should be good.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
It's gonna be interesting for sure.

I forgot to mention that I'll be looking for Vinokourov to make something happen, he will be taking chances and is capable of getting a huge gap and ending up on the podium. He's also got team issues/needing a new contract to fuel his fire, so expect his usual animation and then some.

Also Chris Horner and Bettini going for the same stage wins.

fubar5

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
Houston, TX
It is pretty cool that this year there are some choices so to speak (unless you are the toninator). Not to say Armstrong wasn't cool, just it is kind like when Jordan retired the first time.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
OGRipper said:

I forgot to mention that I'll be looking for Vinokourov to make something happen, he will be taking chances and is capable of getting a huge gap and ending up on the podium. He's also got team issues/needing a new contract to fuel his fire, so expect his usual animation and then some.

Vino will definitely be exciting to watch this year, and interesting to see what happens with him as far as team/contract and what not.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
The Jan is coming.

From "Jan Ulrich's" MySpace page:

Are you being hearing the sound of thunder?

"And lo, when the Jan passes by, there will be a mighty rumble, as though a thousand elephants were falling down a hill. And the sun will be blotted from the sky by the wings of a thousand ravens, and the hearts of men shall quail, and the hearts of women shall flutter (and then quail), and even the hearts of quail shall quail, and the souls of the weak shall be snuffed out like candles in the wailing wind that follows his passing. Then shall be the time of the Jan, when he rises from the earth and takes his two thrones, one for each thigh. And then the world shall weep." - From the Book of Jan. Also known as the Necronomi-Jan.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=31414033&MyToken=9f7f1533-ce62-4027-9cc1-e483483bad10

:rofl:

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
fubar5 said:
It is pretty cool that this year there are some choices so to speak (unless you are the toninator). Not to say Armstrong wasn't cool, just it is kind like when Jordan retired the first time.
hehehe. vino scares me for basso. i wouldnt be upset if either won it.

Necronomi-Jan hahahhahahh!

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Vino?

The Jan's thought's on Vino:

Blog Entry, June 7:
The Jan had high hopes for little Vino. It is being true. He was being like a little mini-Jan. Everyone knows the unholy might that is the Jan, they know that the Jan strides this trembling earth like some dark colussus, dealing death and pain with every turn of his massive gear. But the Vino is being pretty evil too. He not only is looking like a punk kid who would toilet-paper your grandmother's house and then push her down and steal her purse when she came outside, but he is actually being kind of an a$$hole, too. When the Jan dropped a bar of soap inside a sock and then used it to beat the holy living hell out of Klodi, it was always Vino who would be holding him down. Vino is not on the level of the Jan, of course, but still, he is about 10 pounds of evil in a 5 pound bag, and the Jan will be missing him.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
BurlyShirley said:
Ricky Carmichael
oh you can just picture it.
he launches off an overhanging outcropping of rocks, flies over the peloton, lands down in a field, stewart crashes his brains out trying to do the same, and then r.c. blows past em all on the climb.

wheelies over the finish line.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
OGRipper said:

Poor vino, I feel bad about his situation. I dont see him doing much more than blowing smoke and getting some key stage wins like he did last yea though.