Quantcast

Tour Predictions

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Since we're on the eve of the Tour, how about some predictions?

Here's mine:

1. Hamilton
2. Ulrich
3. Armstrong

Mayo as KOM, Petacchi (if he can get up the hills...he finished the Giro, so why not) with the Green.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
1. Ullrich as long as his team stays strong.
2. Hamilton or Mayo
3. Armstrong

But don't forget zebeldia(sp?) mayos teammate, also Heras and I think Simoni will do very well.

heikkihall

Monkey
Dec 14, 2001
Durango, CO
If Armstrong doesent win it then I think he will be out of the top 3 all together. I have absolutely no idea how everything is going to play out but I cant wait to watch it unfold in less than an hours time!

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
1. Armstrong or Hamilton...after Lance's showing in the prelim TT today...wow.
2. Armstrong or Hamilton
2. Ulrich
3. Heras

What are you kids smoking with mayo?

cliffster5

In dog years I'm dead
Aug 23, 2001
Salinas, CA
I've seen some conjecture on RM about Jan not having form for the tour and I'm kinda scratching my head on that one. He looked damn lean and mean to me today on the Prologue. He's lost some 14 lbs. since April and his team (even wo/Vino, who was a podium finisher in my set of predictions before he got injured) is strong. That being said, nobody can match Lance's intensity and single mindedness in his training/preparation for the tour. I suppose this is unfair to put out after watching today's first crossing of swords in the Prologue, but Lance looked outstanding today over 6 km. I'm gonna go with him, Ullrich, then Tyler on the podium. Mayo in the poka dot and Petacchi in green. BTW, that new rule limiting time losses to 2 min 30 sec. in the TTT is utter BS, although with Postal riding later in the day Eusketel will not be able to sit up as much as ppl figure them to. Still, the ruling definitely goes against Lance and Ullrich.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
While I would like to see Lance get his sixth because it would be awesome to have an American do this first, I would also like to see someone else win...

Here is to Hamilton! :thumb:

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
cliffster5 said:
BTW, that new rule limiting time losses to 2 min 30 sec. in the TTT is utter BS, although with Postal riding later in the day Eusketel will not be able to sit up as much as ppl figure them to. Still, the ruling definitely goes against Lance and Ullrich.
The 2m:50s rule is only for the last team. Second place can only lose :20s; Third :30s; :10s gaps go to 13th(2m:20s); then :05s gaps to 21st(2m:50s).

dhrider

Chimp
Nov 5, 2003
culpeper,VA
eh i have a feeling lance is gonna put out his all, from what ive been hearing this is the last year he's doing the tour de france, anyone else heard this
so LANCE # 1 all the way

Nitromike

Monkey
May 14, 2004
Some ghetto in Houston
Wumpus said:
The 2m:50s rule is only for the last team. Second place can only lose :20s; Third :30s; :10s gaps go to 13th(2m:20s); then :05s gaps to 21st(2m:50s).

It's just another attempt by the TdF committee to beat Armstrong, instead of the other riders beating him.

Hawkeye

Monkey
Jan 8, 2002
Naperville, IL
dhrider said:
eh i have a feeling lance is gonna put out his all, from what ive been hearing this is the last year he's doing the tour de france, anyone else heard this
so LANCE # 1 all the way

Part of the team contract for next year is for LA to ride the tour. He will be back.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Stage 3 spoiler.

Looks like Tyler/L.A/Levi/Jan split the peloton and might succeed in putting time on mayo/heras where they are weak, in the flats. They might just fear them in the mountains.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
JMAC said:
1. Ullrich as long as his team stays strong.
2. Hamilton or Mayo
3. Armstrong
QUOTE]

"15 H 50 - Mayo's Group 2'00" Behind Armstrong's
Iban Mayo has lost about 2 minutes because of his crash. Armstrong et al are now 2'49" behind the two stage leaders. Then comes another peloton which includes the yellow jersey. At the back of the stage is a group of Euskaltel riders that includes Iban Mayo (about 4'49" behind the stage leaders)."

Mayo, eh?

cliffster5

In dog years I'm dead
Aug 23, 2001
Salinas, CA
Poor Mayo, he'll be only going for stage wins in the mountains this year it looks like. Since this tour is somewhat rare in favoring the climbers, it may be awhile before he has another serious shot at winning the Tour (which I think he will do at some point in his career). His team rode with their tails between their legs after Mayo went out the back. The TTT will be very interesting to see if Euskatel can bounce back.