Quantcast

Tour Tech Moment

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Oakley has integrated an MP3 player into a pair of glasses. Right now they can only get 30/40 songs on it but as storage adapts to smaller and larger capacity this could be the new wave. Oh there’s only 3 in existence right now so don’t rush out to Best Buy just yet.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
The Toninator said:
Oakley has integrated an MP3 player into a pair of glasses. Right now they can only get 30/40 songs on it but as storage adapts to smaller and larger capacity this could be the new wave. Oh there?s only 3 in existence right now so don?t rush out to Best Buy just yet.
Just what I need - *more* people on the trails oblivious to their surroundings............ :rolleyes:

Whatever happened to the Sweet Sound of Nature?

-S.S.-

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
SkaredShtles said:
Whatever happened to the Sweet Sound of Nature?

-S.S.-
I always miss out on that.....it's the sound of my heart trying to beat it's way out of my chest on the uphills or my brain screaming for me to slow down on the downhills.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
I ride with my mp3 player sometimes. Especially on long slow rides where i have to hit a low zone. If it's not a closed road i just have the right speaker in my ear and the left one is open so I can hear the traffic or other riders. I dont often ride trail with music.
if i'm on a closed road i often ride with both speakers in but low volume.
For me it's not about drowning out noise it's about having something to focus on and taking my mind off of the monotony of the ride.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
binary visions said:
This is sooo yesterday ;) :D

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91381

I can see that a market exists but I don't like listening to music when I ride - it's very distracting. However, I can't see that more people will listen to music when they ride just because this is available - if someone wants tunes, they'll bring 'em.
doh sometimes i dont read threads if they dont give a hint of what's in them and/or i dont really know there persons tastes that is posting. i dont have a lot of time to surf.

Nate at RIT

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
bending stuff in the ROC
Reminds me of somethign that always irked the hell out of me. Kids that decide to run about twice a year that bring CD players with them. Not small, light MP3 players, but they'll be holding the discman for the 10-15 minutes they're running. Seriously people, can't you just enjoy the suffering?

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
people do things for different reasons. your reason and their reason are not the same therefor you shouldnt concern yourself with their business. Makes life just a little more simple.

J

JRB

I can pound more miles on the road bike with an earbud in one ear. I don't even have an MP3 player. CD player in the middle jersey pocket. Leave the left ear open for traffic. Last night was Rob Zombie. I have time to adjust volume and such while I wait on signal lights to change. :D

J

JRB

The Toninator said:
people do things for different reasons. your reason and their reason are not the same therefor you shouldnt concern yourself with their business. Makes life just a little more simple.
You should share this info with Kitty. :rolleyes:

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
The Toninator said:
Oakley has integrated an MP3 player into a pair of glasses. Right now they can only get 30/40 songs on it but as storage adapts to smaller and larger capacity this could be the new wave. Oh there’s only 3 in existence right now so don’t rush out to Best Buy just yet.
Next we will have video in those things... cant wait to try to do a ride while watching a movie AND listening to music.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
golgiaparatus said:
Next we will have video in those things... cant wait to try to do a ride while watching a movie AND listening to music.
Man that would be awesome while road riding. i just bought an 80 pack of atari games for the pc. if i could upload those and play while road riding i'd be freaking LA.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
golgiaparatus said:
oh ps it's on it's way. My boss has a camera phone with movie player in it. He's got 'old school' compressed on it down to a 100mg full version for a screen i guess 1x1 (or something small like that)

J

JRB

The Toninator said:
... some men you just can reach...

What - did you mean to say give a reach around??? That bothers me if that's what you meant. :help: