Quantcast

Towing cars..who does this??

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Nothing to do with anything. Just saw it today... A guy in a little pick-up towing a mini van....with a tiny little yellow polypropylene rope. They came to an intersection, and the pick up accelerated a little too fast. Rope went taught, jerked the hell out of the rope. broke off a little piece of the bumper on the mini van. they kept going.

Who DOES this? What are they thinking? And where are the police? This was on a fairly major street too.....

SebringMGB

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Washington
the thing that kills me..... have you ever driven a car with the engine off, and tried to use the brakes? 0 servo assist is a scary proposition..... and with the kind of following distance associated with towing and polyprop, scary indeed......

Zaskar Rider

Monkey
May 29, 2002
PNW
SebringMGB said:
the thing that kills me..... have you ever driven a car with the engine off, and tried to use the brakes? 0 servo assist is a scary proposition..... and with the kind of following distance associated with towing and polyprop, scary indeed......

Let's just hope that the car being towed had manual brakes. My 260z was like that and it was kinda a nice piece of mind not worrying if the engine died or not ;)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I towed my buddy's VW with a Thunderbird once with a an old rope tied around my rear axel through his front A arms. It was interesting at best but we only went a few miles on back roads with 25MPH speed limits.

J

JRB

You should see the many caravans heading to Mexico on the interstate here. A site to behold.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Ha ha ha... just had a flashback to high school - the steering box fell off my '79 jeep when I took it through a car wash (must have been structural mud) . Luckily the engine worked so I had brakes... but it was bit scary around the corners while getting a tow home from my dad and his buick!

J

JRB

I wish I knew where the video of the car in the snow bank was.

Wumpus!!!!!!!!! I need help.