Quantcast

Toyota Tacoma.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Anybody know how to keep your 14 year old dog from sliding around on the plastic flooring like butter on teflon? His first ride, I hit the brakes and heard him the back of the seat.
a dog crate?

unless he's sitting in the front seat....it's not like you can do this....

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
a dog crate?

unless he's sitting in the front seat....it's not like you can do this....

Ha hah! :D A buddy did that to me when we were in college. Such a life saver. I still raz him about it to this day.

Anyway, trying to make this situation work for the time being. I'll keep calling junkyards and that way if I can snag one that way, I can always sell it when the dealer replaces it with the Nissan one without losing money. If I buy the UHaul one, I'll be fore sure stuck with the full retail cost.

Used to I could stick a daughter on the passenger side, one in front and in the back seat. Then lay the bike down on the drivers side in back. Xterra is much shorter. Only way it would even fit AT ALL was to lay all seats down and lay the fold flat front seat down and slide the seat forward.

Since the dealer has all my dollars from repairing the wife's rig and my down payment, I got no dough to just buy a roof tray either. Patience is not my forte.:wait:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
This from the guy who drives to a different city to have his bikes worked on. But yeah, I will enlisting the assistance of guys with legitimate tools to help me bolt it on.

Two weeks ago, I snapped the head off a lug wrench and bent a second trying to change a tire on my dad's F150. In fairness to me, my buddy had to enlist a breaker bar the size of an Ellsworth swingarm to free them up.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Next time hold the lug wrench in place with your right hand then use your left ham shoulder/leg to push it down. Requires a little coordination, but gets the job done. Make sure to get your wife to video it just in case you screw it up.

Are we gonna see some pics of the latest Bizutch mobile ?

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Are we gonna see some pics of the latest Bizutch mobile ?
Sorry. Here you go. Hadn't put a pic up since it's just standard fare:

It's a 2005. Automatic/ 4WD / 40k miles. 1 owner

Would love to tell everybody how I've got BF Goodrick TA/KO's on the way and a lift, but it's gonna stay stock for some time.

The only thing I dislike is the VSA, Vehicle Stability Assist. Driving down the hill here it kicks in and gears it down a gear, ramping the RPM's up. Luckily there is a button on the console to disable it, but I have to do it every time I go to work.:confused:

OffCamber

Monkey
May 27, 2005
Loxahatchee, Fl
let me know how it turns out. i want the wheels on my subie black, but don't see the point in buying rimz.
The stuff works good. My friend blacked out all his chrome and his wheels on his CTS-V and it's been holding up for 6 months now. It's cheap enough and if you don't like it, just peel it off.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
I would prefer to see the videos of people making bad choices with Plastidip as opposed to a "pro" session. It's like David Copperfield running a band saw through a brunette. Sure, it looks easy and mess free...but show me Joe Dirt on his first attempt with the same band saw. That's more my skill level. :D

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
So I'm getting happier. Found a loophole to become a member of the State Employees Credit Union. If you pay dues to become a member of the "Friends of Buncombe County Library", you are considered a volunteer for local government.

Paid my $15, signed up with the credit union and they immediately refinanced my wife's 12.5% loan and my 15% loan. Gutted the bloated payments on both and THOUSANDS in interest over the life of the loans.

3.5% for 2004 and 2005 cars is INSANE!!! :D I can now tolerate my purchase...

Osco

Chimp
Apr 24, 2013
Florida
Purchased New, November 2006 Tacoma Access cab 2.7 Ltr 4 banger Automatic..
$20,700.00 Tax Included total cost OTD

521,000 miles as of this week,
Work truck, average cargo load 750 Lbs
75% Interstate at 75 mph
For 90,000 miles I also pulled a 5X8 enclosed trailer, weight was 1900 and had to stay In 3rd gear.
The 4 banger could not hold 75 mph in overdrive,,,duhhh !
The truck loves to rev, loved 3,000 plus RPM all day..

Getting 22 mpgs still

Other than maintenance , oil, tires brakes n shocks,,wear out stuff, Repairs are at $600 per 100,000 miles.

Repairs:
steering rack,
3 alternators,
heater transfer tube.
rear axle bearings this month,,,, that's it so far for repairs.

Runs like it did the day I bought It, Burns no oil yet,,, Mobil 1 and Napa Gold filters every 10,000 miles,,

Thu-Thu-That's all folks.....

No point,, just sayin,,,,

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
15%!! Fo Reeeeelz?
I know I've told you how bad we're hurting b/c of our situation. My credit got crushed when I was in the mortgage industry. We'd just bought our house, had our 2nd baby, opened a HELOC and a credit card to get "points". Our contractor skipped town and we burned through the HELOC, just as the industry tanked and we were living off the credit card to pay bills.

Wife's been in school full time getting her degree, so we don't have two incomes like you, Matt or any of our other riding buddies. I've been digging out of our self made financial trench for a while.

Her car was paid for but we refi'ed it to fix our heat pump and pay off the credit card which BofA sent to collections. Ashamed to say, it was even a judgement.

Our house is at 2.5% right now through Freddie Mac for the person wondering. Only TWO semesters before she gets her degree though. Light at end of tunnel.... :think: