Quantcast

TR: 3/17/07 sunshine in the biggest little city

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
this st. patty's day me, mr.amy, and dukesoftahoe escaped from the currently bland mtn conditions that exist in s.lake tahoe and ventured out to the biggest little city in the world to pedal bikes. it was ridiculously warm for this time of year (i think about 80). perfect temperature to enjoy the simple pleasure of slurpies.

since the same night we also took in the local johnny cash cover band, this ride report is brought to you by the late great johnny cash.

I hear the train a comin'; it's rollin' 'round the bend,

And I ain't seen the sunshine since I don't know when.

I'm stuck at Folsom Prison and time keeps draggin' on.

But that train keeps rollin' on down to San Antone.

When I was just a baby, my mama told me, "Son,

Always be a good boy; don't ever play with guns."

But I shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.

When I hear that whistle blowin' I hang my head and cry.

credit goes to dukes for the better of the pictures....

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Awesome pics, looks like some fun riding. I have to sympathize with Quo Fan though, some day I hope I've got the stones to go that big...

Edit: Great song too...now I've got Johnny Cash queued up in my playlist for the day.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
thanks everyone! my friends make me feel like wussies.
i'm still waiting for just a little bit of their skill to rub off on me.

sanjuro... you wanna come join us this saturday? we can drink slurpies and ride the bail out lines together!

Tmeyer

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
SLC
Nice pics, I rode that spot last year in April right before I left Tahoe. There are some HUGE jumps there and a dude in a jacked Bronco was killing it on a HT. Short but still a blast for Spring hucking. I can't wait to ride again but we just got another foot last weekend....

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
Nice pics, I rode that spot last year in April right before I left Tahoe. There are some HUGE jumps there and a dude in a jacked Bronco was killing it on a HT. Short but still a blast for Spring hucking. I can't wait to ride again but we just got another foot last weekend....
there's some big stuff there. i'm scared just looking at that stuff.

short, but so convenient for shuttling. i just hope they don't build a house on top of the trails.

benjaminj

mr. amy
Mar 21, 2007
so. tahoe
How did you get those Slurpees though????
Slurpees were from 7-11

And yeah, there's 2 moto-sized jumps there that I kept expecting to see Cam Zink come by and pull a 360 off one on his lunch break from UNR. Maybe someday I'll pony up and pull a sick straight air off one. This was our 2nd time there and I can't believe I've been through 4 winters here now and not known this was only an hour away.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
I kept expecting to see Cam Zink come by and pull a 360 off one on his lunch break from UNR.
i bet him and paul bas are out there RIGHT NOW being all ridiculous. maybe we just go on the wrong days.

i am already looking forward to getting my blue mt. dew slurpee next saturday when we're out there.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
amydalayna thank you for a ride report that involved more than 2" of travel man. nice to finally see some dh/freeride oriented reports to get us started into the season. ohh and by the way excellent pics and well thanks for relighting the fire under my ass so that i dream about shredding tonight.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
And yeah, there's 2 moto-sized jumps there that I kept expecting to see Cam Zink come by and pull a 360 off one on his lunch break from UNR. Maybe someday I'll pony up and pull a sick straight air off one. This was our 2nd time there and I can't believe I've been through 4 winters here now and not known this was only an hour away.
The nice thing about those 2 at the bottom is there is way less chance of a super ****up because its a stepdown. Still scary though.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Wow......missed this one.......

those are some great pics

And yeah, there's 2 moto-sized jumps there that I kept expecting to see Cam Zink come by and pull a 360 off one on his lunch break from UNR.
Just so you know, those were built by mountain bikers for mountain bikes. If you see ANYONE on a moto hitting them.......please kill them for me. Yes those rocks were heavy:D