Quantcast

TR: Timberline, WV June 9, 2008

46chief

Monkey
Jun 12, 2007
Rolled up to Canaan Valley hoping to escape the heat by camping near the Blackwater and doing some riding somewhere in the valley.

First Stop was Highland Prospects to redeem a gift certificate we won at a fund raiser. Very nice little shop with super friendly owners. Told Jeremy we had big bikes and he got excited and let us know his partner has been working his tail off helping develop the terrain and trails at Timberline.

Drove up the river and found a good campsite @ the recommendation of Jeremy.

Fished for a couple hours and decided I needed some beer, drove into the Mountain State Brewery got a growler filled and ran into the Jeremy and his partner Ben. Ben was so psyched to hear we had DH bikes that I felt like I had ran into a long lost friend. We agreed to met up in the A.M. and ride at Timberline.

Beer is a great conduit.

When the Mrs. and I broke camp and rolled into the parking lot at Timberline we ran into JR, who was excited as a puppy to see that there were some bikers coming to ride the trails he's been, clearing and cutting. He also shared the layout for a pump track and dual slalom course that will soon be built. After the the trail rundown and bs'ing about bikes, trails and T-line Ben rolls in, we got geared up and hit the lifts.

Nice breeze blew all day kept us cool.

Snowboard gates to remind ya if you checked your tire pressure.

Mrs.Chief diggin the sisters

Ben Taking a little hopper.

Nice little mountain meadow at the top of Twister

See a hip or two in there, or a broken hip in my future. Ended up taking a high speed banked natural wall ride.

Oh yeah and lotsa steep and fast lines....

Lots of entrances into the woods of all the tree islands.

We enjoyed the mix of well groomed trails and the rough, raw and rocky nature of other trails, and several variations of the main trails. Plus Ben was excited to do a little bushwackin, and showing off some of the uncleared trails, and the cleared tree skiing lines that were great to ride.

The Valley is an awesome community and the small town closeness and friendliness of the locals is as spectacular as the landscape.

Ben and JR were extremely hospitable and the passion they have for the riding and it's potential is contagious! We will be heading back to T-line ASAP!

This mountain begs to be explored, If you like steep varied terrain, berms, switchbacks, rockgardens, glades and epic rides Timberline covers it all. Definitely a mandatory road trip destination.

jrnolan

Monkey
May 9, 2008
Very nice to meet you and the Mrs. Thank you for the report. Timberline is waiting for more folks to discover the great riding. You are telling it like it is. There is more open to ride every week. A map is on the way, you won't believe how much there is to ride here.

JR

ludovic

Chimp
Aug 5, 2008