Quantcast

TR250 sneak preview on Pinkbike

MouseMonkey

Monkey
Jul 29, 2006
Salt Lake City
Are you serious? This is the legendary Krispy, right? The big bike fanatic? Why not man?
Because he's more focused on winning "Mostly D" Races against a bunch of old XC dudes on 29ers these days.

Not to mention the fact that he likes to ride up ridiculously steep hike-a-bikes simply because he hates pushing his rig.

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
I have no use for a bike like this, but I will say that it looks very very nice. It took whatever bothered me about the TR450's aesthetics and fixed it. Golden.

Also, I think it's funny that every single person in this thread is already convinced that the bike is going to ride awesome, without a single person having ridden it. Transition seems like a great brand with a great philosophy and great CS, so I suppose that's where that goodwill comes from. All in all, I suppose it's a good thing.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Also, I think it's funny that every single person in this thread is already convinced that the bike is going to ride awesome, without a single person having ridden it.
Well, seeing as it's pretty much the same platform as the TR450, which plenty of people have ridden, and what has been suggested about the geo is pretty much spot on what I'd want I think it's fair to assume it'll ride well. I wouldn't say I'm convinced it'll ride great per se, but it shows a ton of promise.

nmpearson

Monkey
Dec 30, 2006
i rode it yesterday at Galbraith and it rides amazing. i rode kevins with a 36 180 on it and it just slayed. feels like an even more nimble 450(obviously). I'm firmly convinced that it can be an actual race bike if you wanted to put a dual crown. it jumped awesome, still was really fast on the dh sections even though it was on the 160 setting. def a great bike

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
i rode it yesterday at Galbraith and it rides amazing. i rode kevins with a 36 180 on it and it just slayed. feels like an even more nimble 450(obviously). I'm firmly convinced that it can be an actual race bike if you wanted to put a dual crown. it jumped awesome, still was really fast on the dh sections even though it was on the 160 setting. def a great bike
Interesting.
I am using a Morewood Kalula as my DH race bike this year for those same reasons. It has nothing to do with me wanting a mini-DH, I just think I can be faster overall on a smaller bike for the courses that we race on here.
Just curious, why did you think the bike needed a dual crown for racing?
Did it not feel like the fox 180 was up to the task?
I have a new boxxer team on mine, but the weight of those fox 180 forks are tempting as hell.

nmpearson

Monkey
Dec 30, 2006
no, i wasn't saying the 180 wasn't good enough, just for some people, a 203 dual crown is wanted for racing. For anything not super gnar, it can handle it. It pedaled a huge amount better than my 450.

I'm totally in love with the bike, esp since apparently they're going to do runs of matte black on the 250 and 450 so they can be just shuttle comparable w/o scratching the pretty paint

Not sure if it's been asked, but i talked with kevin for a while about their line. The bottlerocket is not going away. There may be the same subtle changes to it like the double and blindside, but still the same amazing bike. Transition is still just making leaps and bounds