Quantcast

TR450's at Maribor

Ridemonkey.com

News & Reviews
Jun 26, 2009
Transition Racing's Bryn Atkinson scores a 12th in Maribor

The first round of the UCI World Cup DHI series presented the competitors a challenging opener. With rain each day of the event but the first day of practice, the course was as nasty as it gets. The course has seen it's fair amount of traffic over the years and has become more difficult each passing year, and this weekend was no exception. With precipitation in the forecast throughout the weekend the racers had no choice but to look forward to a continually deteriorating course.

Bryn charged hard through practice, getting his lines dialed whilst looking for areas to conserve. With so much mud the bikes could gain as much as 10 pounds by the bottom of a practice run. Behind the scene's Transition Racing's World Cup mechanic Jason Marsh worked hard keeping Bryn's TR-450 running flawlessly throughout the weekend. This weekend also marked the first event of the season the two will work together. With Jason's help Bryn earned a respectable 16th place qualifying position, no easy feat given how much the competition has raised the bar once again. In the finals Bryn set the 5th fastest first split time, but due to a couple minor mistakes in the lower part of the course lost valuable seconds. He was able to recover enough in the end to place a strong 12th place.

Bryn had this to say about his performance: "I'm pretty stoked aye. I felt really good up top and knew I nailed it. I was able to stay focused until entering the skinny traverse with one foot unclipped. I did my best to maintain my momentum until I could clip in again, but got a little balled up. When I crossed the line I was disappointed and figured I was back in the pack. So this weekend I'm happy with 12th, I know exactly where I lost it."

Next weekend Bryn meet's back up with the rest of the Transition Racing team in the States to attend the PRO GRT in Plattekill NY, and then the US Open.

Keep up to date with the Transition Factory Race team via twitter: www.twitter.com/TransitionRace

Transition Racing is supported by FOX Racing Shox, Crankbrothers, Dakine, KORE, Maxxis, Shimano, THE, ODI, 5.10, e.13, Jetlites, Cadenceworks, Jagwire, Cane Creek, Kinetic, Feedback Sports, Contour HD, and Lezyne.

ABOUT TRANSITION BIKES
Transition Bikes is a bicycle company located in Ferndale Washington and is focused on creating trail and gravity oriented mountain bikes. Our philosophy is simple, Rider Owned for Life since 2001. It is not a slick marketing slogan but something that defines who we are as a company. Connecting with our dealers and customers from a rider standpoint is our number one concern. Through outstanding and responsive customer service, and unique niche product design, we create and build relationships with our customers that are important to everyday riders and forgotten by larger companies. When you buy a Transition product you can be assured it has been tested in real world conditions by the same people that design them. We don't believe in using Catalog designs; everything is designed in house by us. Our goal is not to become a huge corporate brand but rather a company the average rider can believe in. Our customers are our family and we get immense joy from seeing them progress their riding to new levels right beside us.

Attachments