Quantcast

tragedy

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
a guy i know is in the hospital after falling at high speed on his skateboard. his brain is hemorrhaging and they cant stop the bleeding .they had to cut off part of his skull so his brain can swell. hes probably not gonna make it. and if he does hes gonna be a vegetable. he was going about 30 when he fell straight on his head and cracked his skull from the front of his ear to the bas of his skull . send your prayers his way. hes a pretty cool guy and didnt deserve this. it just shows you what one stupid mistake can do.. no one should have to go through that at 19. good luck craig. i hope you make it through this allright.

J

JRB

Best of luck to him. I watched a clip about a skate park they are building in Austin. They were filming at the present park, and NOT ONE person had a lid. They ranged from 6 - 30 years old. I can't believe that they assume the liability, but more importantly, when heads meet concrete, bad things happen. :( Sorry about your homie.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
thats very sad.
it sends chills down my spine... as i speed skate, and i used to be stupid enough to skate down long downhills 30-40 mph no lid... fortunately, i never took a spill on a downhill.
i truly hope his condition improves.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Good luck to your bro!

This same type of thing happened to a buddy of mine when he was young, downhill on a skateboard, he went head first to a curb. He has a plate in his skull now.

Wear them helmets people.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
TJ, your friend is in my prayers. I hope he recovers!

How are you doing yourself? Is he a close friend of yours?

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
im ok. i havent ridden in a while so i havent really been able to get away from everything. hes not too close of a friend but hes the drummer in my brothers band. and its also making my mom freak out as well about me riding telling me she doesnt want me to ride dh anymore. but she later admitted to me that she knew she couldnt tell me to do that

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
lovebunny said:
im ok. i havent ridden in a while so i havent really been able to get away from everything. hes not too close of a friend but hes the drummer in my brothers band. and its also making my mom freak out as well about me riding telling me she doesnt want me to ride dh anymore. but she later admitted to me that she knew she couldnt tell me to do that
Drummers have hard heads, he should be ok.

:thumb:

As far as your mom, remind her that while there are risks, you do wear a helmet for DH.

(you do, right?)

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
lovebunny said:
Now might be a good time to ask mom for that new bitchen super expensive DH lid. Show your mom the pix of you riding. Show her that you are trying to be safe. Mom's will always freak out. They're moms... it's what they do.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Ciaran said:
Now might be a good time to ask mom for that new bitchen super expensive DH lid. Show your mom the pix of you riding. Show her that you are trying to be safe. Mom's will always freak out. They're moms... it's what they do.
:stupid:

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
You gonna make it out for a ride today? It will help you blow off some stress...well maybe not cause Heather is coming too. Anywho, it's sad to hear about your brother's band's drummer. I hope he recovers.

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
ncrider said:
You gonna make it out for a ride today? It will help you blow off some stress...well maybe not cause Heather is coming too. Anywho, it's sad to hear about your brother's band's drummer. I hope he recovers.
probly not. im probly not gonna be able to until friday. and im going crazy. melissa and my mom and friends say ive been really touchy lately with my temper. i think its from not riding. :confused:

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
just alittle update guys. he woke up! he knows his name and where he is and the president and the year. apparently theres another month and a half till they can replace the piece of his skull. hes not out of the woods yet but the trees are starting to part. thank you for all your prayers and good wishes.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
lovebunny said:
just alittle update guys. he woke up! he knows his name and where he is and the president and the year. apparently theres another month and a half till they can replace the piece of his skull. hes not out of the woods yet but the trees are starting to part. thank you for all your prayers and good wishes.
:Thumb::thumb:

shocktower

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Molalla Oregon
That sucks ,I had severe brain injury about 13 years ago they told my wife that the brain swelling was to great to operate on me and they just have to wait it out ,then after 3 days they told my wife that I would be a veggie for the rest of my life,and look at me now ,I hope your friend pulls through

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
lovebunny said:
That's great news! Sending good vibes his way for a full and speedy recovery.

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
so i just got home today and was pissed because the band was playing. and then they finish up and craig walks out. i was amazed. hes doing good i guess. he had to stop playing today because he started to get a headache. but hes gettin back to normal. and aside from bein a little pasty hes recovering!

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
here is a little joke you can tell him.....

how do you know it's your bands drummer at the door?....

His Knock drags.......

If you aren't or weren't ever in a band you might not get this....
pishah