Quantcast

Trail advice for Holiday in Wyoming, Idaho, Utah

conord

Chimp
Jan 20, 2011
Hoping someone may be able to point me towards the best trails to ride in Wyoming, Idaho & Northern Utah. Travelling to the US from Ireland for 3 weeks in July. On previous visits to this region of the US, I have ridden extensively in Durango, Cortez, Telluride, Crested Butte, Moab & Fruita/Grand Junction. On this trip, I plan to drive from Denver up through Wyoming, across to Sun Valley Idaho, back down through Salf Lake City and across into Denver - and I am hoping to hit up the best mountain biking I can along the way (I've got a yeti 575 - so anything other than flat-out downhill and free-ride).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

ConorD

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Let me know when you're going to be passing through Northern Utah and I can point you towards some really good local trails.

Runner186

Chimp
May 23, 2005
Colorado
HappyJack between Laramie & Cheyenne has awsome riding, along with Curt Gowdy state park outside Cheyenne. 2-3 days riding there for sure, or 2 monster days. The Pedal House in Laramie has trail maps for both. Rock Creek trail off of I-80 at Arlington is a long out and back, I believe you can ride up the dirt road and bomb the trail down. I'm in Green River, along I-80 on the way to Utah, we've got around 20 miles and counting of trails. A solid afternoon or full day can be had here.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
There is a full season of riding here in Jackson/Teton Valley.
XC, DH, fr, shuttle, lift served, DEEEEEP backcountry, whatever you like, there are gobs and gobs of all of it. Probably the best concentration of shutte/lift in one region, and great 'assist' XC rides. Probably around 1000 miles of legal singletrack within about a 150 mile radius.
Hint:
Teton Valley is where the big rides are.
Give me a shout next summer.

Oh...and *most* of even the shuttle stuff is 575 friendly.

Last edited: