Quantcast

trail building in western CT, downhill and freeride lines

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
my buddies property near newtown; started building there last season

its got decent elevation but very wide ( i cant figure out acreage )

but we have 1 main line (called deer pellet.. why called that? cause there was a bunch of deer pellets where we were building the berm lol ) that is a 15 second run, and others that are half assed built

rock drop shooting you into a rock garden

little left "hip" jump

dropping in from the top

rock drop/roller

hard to tell what this is, but a seperate line with a jump that intersects with our main left handed berm

little pump before left handed berm

all in a small days work
stoked to get back in those woods and build more and expand
the soil is pretty annoying..lots of small roots but once you chop them up then its pretty loamy and soft

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
i know! its pretty incredible terrain.. if you walk parallel with the ridge/hill, it turns into a thick evergreen forest. so awesome looking

were looking for cheap ATVs for shuttling :P

Jan 15, 2013
Hey, where is it? I have to visit the in-laws once a year in MA. I usually go to Vietnam for a couple of days, would definitely like to hit those trails there!

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
Can't tell how big it is from the pics, but I recommend using some of that rock to build a small transition at the bottom of pics 1 and 2 to take the edge off and the flow going. :)
agreed.. def needs a tranny...if you hit it with moderate speed, it will put you out 10/15' and will be around 6' drop.
not the biggest, but its just gunnu be pretty gnarly once you land your shooting yourself into a big rock garden ( which is what i kinda want to have, but there are almost too many rocks and will kill your speed )

i built it, so i gotta guinea pig it :thumb: