Quantcast

Trail building pictures

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
This is news to me, but it explains why the kids have been complaining about the trails lately... They use words like rough and bumpy, like thats a bad thing?!

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
@boostindoubles Is the trail boss sturdy feeling or kind of flexy ? Been drooling over them for a while.
It is sturdy when all the clamps are tight. If you are swinging it for a while, some of the knuckles loosen and you have to re-tighten them. When getting it out, It takes a minute or two to setup and breakdown. It's not going to replace a regular mcleod, but for what it is, its gold. It fits in my pack and I forget about it while riding. Its for those quick fixes in remote places that would be long walks and short digs. It's also is great when I need my bike to test shit out while digging.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
It is sturdy when all the clamps are tight. If you are swinging it for a while, some of the knuckles loosen and you have to re-tighten them. When getting it out, It takes a minute or two to setup and breakdown. It's not going to replace a regular mcleod, but for what it is, its gold. It fits in my pack and I forget about it while riding. Its for those quick fixes in remote places that would be long walks and short digs. It's also is great when I need my bike to test shit out while digging.
Good to know. I'm all about some mobile trail gnome activities.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
It's kind of comical, our local city trails organization, which I am part of, has a tools-trailer that we bring to trail building/maintenance events. Somehow a picture of me, "deer in the headlights" (not the gnome, the mcleod and rogue hoe guy) smack dab right in the middle ended upon the side of this thing, and it's huge, like life-size. So now, I'm plastered front and center all over the city wherever this trailer goes.

1580618639974.png

Last edited:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
It's kind of comical, our local city trails organization, which I am part of, has a tools-trailer that we bring to trail building/maintenance events. Somehow a picture of me, "deer in the headlights" (not the gnome, the mcleod and rogue hoe guy) smack dab right in the middle ended upon the side of this thing, and it's huge, like life-size. So now, I'm plastered front and center all over the city wherever this trailer goes.

View attachment 140571
Can your mom tell it is you?

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan

View attachment 140571
Maybe you can spring board a political campaign after all that free advertising!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

View attachment 140571
Why the hard hats? Y'all bonk each other on the heads with those tools?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Why the hard hats? Y'all bonk each other on the heads with those tools?
Required. Some people wear their bicycle helmets...but that looks mega dorky. I use my climbing helmet. That's Kevin in the picture, he was going back and forth using the excavators too.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Required. Some people wear their bicycle helmets...but that looks mega dorky. I use my climbing helmet. That's Kevin in the picture, he was going back and forth using the excavators too.
I hate hard hats. Most models slide down my face if not looking up. Great for crane work I guess.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
24" Stilson, not so much...
No. I have to wear one when working with crane loads. Will protect me when the 10mm socket someone left behind rolls off and may help identify the splat Mark if the 40k lb payload drops. Actually I stay well away from any vertical energy paths so it is just a PITA either way.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I hate hard hats. Most models slide down my face if not looking up. Great for crane work I guess.
My climbing helmet works pretty good, and is for, uhh, protecting from falling rocks...kind of.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Looks like well attended work parties, we had one last weekend also. Except we were knocking down Scotch thistle as per our agreement with the land owner. We were in a 7 acre field of them and it seemed endless.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I told the kids to go cut out the Devil's Club. I don't care if it's on the trail or not, just kill it.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Required by whom and why?