Quantcast

Trail Building Sickness report

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
Been hard at work for the last few days on this line. Lots of bench cut work and boulder moving but it turned out really nice. It's basically a singletrack through a boulder field into a long low double followed by a big stepup over the big boulders. It took about 12 hours digging time to build what you see here, there's a lot more to come from this spot.

From behind, the double and the stepup. I piled that little tree on the left of the first lander pretty hard today before I rode it clean.

The landing to the stepup.

I'm definitely excited about how this one turned out, expect riding pictures sometime in the future.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
nice - reminds me a bit of marshall/endless' downhill trail.
Last I heard, he abandoned that project.

btw, what's the word on endless? They've been quiet for a while now.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Looks sweet man! You seem to have a good eye for looking at terrain and seeing where to build. :thumb:

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
DVNT said:
Looks like fun.

Paris Mtn? or super secret spot?
Super secret spot...God what I would give to get the go ahead to build at Paris. I tried to get a job as a trailbuilder there for the summer but they didn't call me. They don't know what they're missing.

As far as Endless, I'm pretty sure they're still making SS components and stuff but I haven't heard much about them either. I never heard anything about marshall's trail but this is the kind of stuff I love to ride, I wish more people were open to building cool, progressive trails on natural settings instead of just slapping together stunts and hucks.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
yeah, I wish I still had pics of the trail... it was built on the spine of a ridge - a downhill djs trail. The hits were just over head-high... and built on terrain that looks almost exactly like what you have there (minus the rocks)

very cool stuff.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
dump said:
yeah, I wish I still had pics of the trail... it was built on the spine of a ridge - a downhill djs trail. The hits were just over head-high... and built on terrain that looks almost exactly like what you have there (minus the rocks)

very cool stuff.
yeah that trail was in NC though up on Beaucatcher Mtn outside of town. had french drains built int oit and stuff.