Quantcast

trail building tool

theFOOT

Monkey
Feb 22, 2005
nowhere
anybody know where i can find one of these, will they have one at home depot or what?, because i have 3/4 of an acre of woods on the side of my house that we own and i was gonna make some trails and a few jumps, i have a shovel, a hoe and a rake, is that good enough or do i really need one of those tools

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Those mcloed or what ever things work really well for packing, and digging out trails and shaping. I used them building the firestone course near santa barbara. Those axe things I forgot what the are called (vertical and horizontal blade on each side) work really well for digging out the insides of berms and other stuff. Definately get a pick axe- they work so well for softening dirt to dig out dirt and also for holes at the bottoms of lips and landings to make them bigger. Pick axes are a must have tool. Get the mcloed (fireman surplus or supplier) and and a pick axe. THe other axe thing is really helpful, but you can do w/o it.

theFOOT

Monkey
Feb 22, 2005
nowhere
do you know how much one will cost me? because im a poor teenager with no job and no car, which is why i want a trail in my yard

BuddhaRoadkill

I suck at Tool
Feb 15, 2004
Chintimini Bog
theFOOT said:
i have a shovel, a hoe and a rake, is that good enough or do i really need one of those tools
If your poor, that is more than enough. Better, more expensive tools just make the job easier [sometimes much MUCH easier] - it doesn't mean the job can't be done. Local thrift stores and yard sales are great places to find trail toys.

firetoole

duch bag
Nov 19, 2004
Wooo Tulips!!!!
my toole of choice is one o those old fashion hand weed wacker/ grass cutter (looks like a golf club with a blade on the end) works like a charm and you can find them at garage sales or at old fams

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
firetoole said:
my toole of choice is one o those old fashion hand weed wacker/ grass cutter (looks like a golf club with a blade on the end) works like a charm and you can find them at garage sales or at old fams

What's that?
Mmmmmmm MMmmmm. Some folks calls it a sling blade Mmmmm.
What are you going to do with?
I reckon I'm fixin ta kill you with it Carl.

J

JRB

johnbryanpeters said:
About $70-
Was it Zac that made the great ones that were in the Rock Shox program? I have 2 that belong to the trail folks I own. They seem the best I have used.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
i'm fixing to kill you with it, DOYLE. carl was the killer....;)

anywho, many many jumps have been built with just a shovel. add a rake and you can do a TON of stuff. if your a poor teenager, you probably have a lot of time on your hands. get diggin!