Quantcast

Trail Closures in Simi Valley

62kona

Chimp
May 1, 2008
SoCal!! San Fernando Valley
So I was riding out at rocky peak this afternoon and heading down one of the Freeride trails to Corriganville and ran into Ranger Jim. He said they will be Fining riders $1000 dollars for riding down "Lower G" and "Side Action/Lower Stagecoach". There are "no biking" signs in front of both trails now. Stage Coach (Santa Sue to Corriganville) trail will be the next to be closed down due to how blown out it is from unskilled riders blowing out the turns and off camber slopes. I'm lucky that I saw the signs before I rode down to the bottom and got fined. There was a ranger in his SUV waiting at the bottom. I think that the best thing to do for now is to just stay off of these trails to keep the attention down. Hopefully they will stop patrolling eventually. The less riders they catch the less they will be posted up down there.
This pisses me off because these are my home trails and I ride them weekly! Unskilled and new riders don't understand what circumstances their actions cause for all of us.
I feel that Hummingbird trail may be next to go due to all of the "Jumps" and "Drops" poorly built into the trail and all of the switchback cuts that go straight down. These are causing major erosion and they are dangerous to Hikers. There are better trails to ride our downhill bikes on and I think we need to get rid of these features or this trail may be next.:mad: