Quantcast

Trail H8Rs

Discussion in 'Cross Country, All Mountain & Trail Riding' started by DirtyDog, Sep 16, 2005.

1. DirtyDog

DirtyDog Gang probed by the Golden Banana

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    I've been on good trails and bad trails. Rides always end up being fun though. You ever ride with peeps that bitch and moan because the trail isn't rad enough for them? What's up with that?

Please register to disable this ad.

2. FlipSide

FlipSide Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    14 / 228
    There's 2 sides IMO:
    1) Some negative comments about a poorly designed section in a trail from someone who knows about trailbuilding is OK in my book. As long as it is indeed called for and not because he/she want to diss the work of another.

2) Comments from people who always feel the trail isn't challenging enough for their mad skills but never did any trailbuilding. Tell them to dig more and bitch less.

Biking is all about fun. People always complaining can ruin a perfectly fine ride. It's like those who always have "mechanical problems" and bitch about how they're slowed down by their "poorly functionning" bike... :p :mumble:

3. Heidi

Heidi Der hund ist laut und braun

Rep/Likes:
    25 / 317
    I will admit to being a trail hater at times. That was when I lived in San Diego and had crap, crap, or less crap to ride though :)

4. Westy

Westy the teste

Rep/Likes:
    437 / 2,769
    I bitch on occasion, but only in one situation. There is a forest service fire road that some people I ride with love to ride. For a drive of the same distance there are so many great singletrack trails around I would rather ride or would prefer just doing a road ride from my front door. I always politely turn down the invitations and get called a pussy or a chicken. I just shake my head in confusion.

5. MTB_Rob_NC

MTB_Rob_NC What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?

Rep/Likes:
    3 / 0
    As a trailbuilder I like hearing these comments, wether we are riding my trail or any trail. I usually pick up something new, or new incite.

:stupid:

That is usually followed by me saying.... "Ya you are probably right you should come on out and fix it. Some how that never happens :thumb:

6. OGRipper

OGRipper Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    6 / 92
    It's especially fun when the trail H8Rs didn't have any ideas when you asked where to ride that day. Those people don't last long in my group.

7. SkaredShtles

SkaredShtles I love NEWCASTLE and will ONLY drink NEWCASTLE!!!!

Rep/Likes:
    247 / 1,869
    Most of the trails out here are hiking trails. They've been there forever. There are very few, if any trail built solely for riding. Except some of the resorts, I guess.

8. JacobDW

JacobDW Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    3 / 0
    Just be glad you have somehtin to ride right now, too many ppeoplewanna take it away.

9. rooftest

rooftest Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    Usually the trail haters want to ride something that's far below their skill level, too - forcing others to wait for them.

10. GumbaFish

GumbaFish Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    6 / 0
    i ride by myself :(

11. Skookum

Skookum bikey's is cool

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    Can't please everybody.

But i'm with ya man i really dig variety myself, i personally find it limiting to have 31 flavors and always just hit the chocolate.

12. Skookum

Skookum bikey's is cool

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    Wow....

There are a few forest roads that i actually enjoy climbing on, on my way to the trail, but i've never ever thought of a forest road being the destination.....

13. Snacks

Snacks Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 0
    OMG, have I ever! :nuts: