Quantcast

Trail H8Rs

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
I've been on good trails and bad trails. Rides always end up being fun though. You ever ride with peeps that bitch and moan because the trail isn't rad enough for them? What's up with that?

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
There's 2 sides IMO:
1) Some negative comments about a poorly designed section in a trail from someone who knows about trailbuilding is OK in my book. As long as it is indeed called for and not because he/she want to diss the work of another.

2) Comments from people who always feel the trail isn't challenging enough for their mad skills but never did any trailbuilding. Tell them to dig more and bitch less.

Biking is all about fun. People always complaining can ruin a perfectly fine ride. It's like those who always have "mechanical problems" and bitch about how they're slowed down by their "poorly functionning" bike... :p :mumble:

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I will admit to being a trail hater at times. That was when I lived in San Diego and had crap, crap, or less crap to ride though :)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I bitch on occasion, but only in one situation. There is a forest service fire road that some people I ride with love to ride. For a drive of the same distance there are so many great singletrack trails around I would rather ride or would prefer just doing a road ride from my front door. I always politely turn down the invitations and get called a pussy or a chicken. I just shake my head in confusion.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
FlipSide said:
There's 2 sides IMO:
1) Some negative comments about a poorly designed section in a trail from someone who knows about trailbuilding is OK in my book.
As a trailbuilder I like hearing these comments, wether we are riding my trail or any trail. I usually pick up something new, or new incite.

FlipSide said:
2) Comments from people who always feel the trail isn't challenging enough for their mad skills but never did any trailbuilding. Tell them to dig more and bitch less.
:stupid:

That is usually followed by me saying.... "Ya you are probably right you should come on out and fix it. Some how that never happens :thumb:

rooftest

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
OC, CA
Usually the trail haters want to ride something that's far below their skill level, too - forcing others to wait for them.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
BeerDemon said:
I've been on good trails and bad trails. Rides always end up being fun though. You ever ride with peeps that bitch and moan because the trail isn't rad enough for them? What's up with that?
Can't please everybody.

But i'm with ya man i really dig variety myself, i personally find it limiting to have 31 flavors and always just hit the chocolate.

Butthead said:
If some things didn't suck, other things wouldn't be so cool.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Westy said:
I bitch on occasion, but only in one situation. There is a forest service fire road that some people I ride with love to ride. For a drive of the same distance there are so many great singletrack trails around I would rather ride or would prefer just doing a road ride from my front door. I always politely turn down the invitations and get called a pussy or a chicken. I just shake my head in confusion.
Wow....

There are a few forest roads that i actually enjoy climbing on, on my way to the trail, but i've never ever thought of a forest road being the destination.....