Quantcast

Trail sabotage and assaults on users

Over the past year or two, there seems to have been an increase in reported trail sabotage, directed not only at mountain bikers, but also other users.

Now, one of my Quebecois friends reports, with a photographic record, that someone shot a broadhead at him while riding at night in Shawbridge, QC. WTF, folks!

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
It's always disheartening to hear about trail sabotage, especially in cases where it would involve serious bodily harm. I just don't get what motivates people to set up booby traps, or, in this case, engage in attempted murder. :rant:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Dicks, all of them.

Shooting at someone seems crazy, as in its not a passive attack like leaving glass or something on the trail.

Part of the problem is that often the perpetrator will never be found. Even when they are, do they even get a punishment? When I got clotheslined by the rope last summer, the police department literally said there is nothing they can do and hung up; didn't bother taking my name or any information. Only after a local news joint and Facebook page post (by someone else) was created did they call back and apologize for not taking the concern seriously.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Over the past year or two, there seems to have been an increase in reported trail sabotage, directed not only at mountain bikers, but also other users.

Now, one of my Quebecois friends reports, with a photographic record, that someone shot a broadhead at him while riding at night in Shawbridge, QC. WTF, folks!
I live two minutes from Shawbridge and no mention of that in our community web-fb pages... Who is your friend if I may ask?