Quantcast

Trail/Suspension Simul-cam

zebrahum

Monkey
Jun 22, 2005
SL,UT
Nicely done, I like the idea of switching the two images, or maybe switching them a couple times during the video.

One thing, can you get that camera mounted a bit off the bike? It would be a bit more interesting to see the whole linkage as well as the shock.

ROTFLMAO

Monkey
Nov 17, 2007
Maumee, Ohio
very interesting! Nicely done!

Have you tried switching the insets.........make the suspension portion the smaller one?

just saying.............Nice job overall!!

I did have the PIPs switching places originally but it always seemed to throw the synchronization off. I'm working on that and I agree that it would make the video even better

Nicely done, I like the idea of switching the two images, or maybe switching them a couple times during the video.

One thing, can you get that camera mounted a bit off the bike? It would be a bit more interesting to see the whole linkage as well as the shock.
'

I am trying to figure out a way to do that. Vibration, clearance and the fact that I either kick or bump/knee the camera while riding are the factors making it difficult. I plan on getting another GoPro Hero Wide for the linkage view which will show much more "action" with it's 170 degree lens but again, mounting it away from the frame to show more of a side view will be the challenge. I'm working on it...

I need to get more footage on some really gnarly stuff when I get the mounting figured out.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
I am having the same issue, I want to mount the camera on my chainstays or somewhere like that, and I just cant find a way to get it done wihtout kicking the damn thing. I am thinking I might make something to hang off the back of the seat.

ROTFLMAO

Monkey
Nov 17, 2007
Maumee, Ohio
I'm thinking some sort of clamp on the head tube area that holds the camera forward and to the right of the bike's centerline might do the trick. Making one sturdy enough to isolate vibration will be the main consideration in that design. Maybe a giant steadycam rig could be mounted up LOL.