Quantcast

Trail work Galbraith Dec 19th

whimps VP

Chimp
Jun 29, 2004
Bellingham
The 3rd Sunday is near and it's time to ask for volunteers. The Naughtie Nellie is nearly complete and with a good quantity of workers it will be finished this weekend. As always we meet @10:00 am, park at the parking lot across from Galbraith ln, work until 1:30ish. We have gate access to make hauling tools easier. :thumb: all are welcome.

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
whimps VP said:
We have gate access to make hauling tools easier. :thumb: all are welcome.
Ha, you had to say that! :thumb: But, only one thing... I thought we were working on Wonderland... :confused: I was gonna make the first sign for Wonderland so we can put it up when we finish making the trail.

I might bring one, two, or three people with me this time. :)

whimps VP

Chimp
Jun 29, 2004
Bellingham
the orignal name was wonderland, but during the logging it was destroyed we built the lower two sections first and named them "Naughtie Nellie: So the upper 2 sections could be called either. So lets call the upper 2 sections Wonderland and the lower 2 Naughtie Nellie.

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
whimps VP said:
the orignal name was wonderland, but during the logging it was destroyed we built the lower two sections first and named them "Naughtie Nellie: So the upper 2 sections could be called either. So lets call the upper 2 sections Wonderland and the lower 2 Naughtie Nellie.
Ok, because I'm gonna make that sign for Wonderland look good! :)

two1

Monkey
Dec 15, 2004
endub
I ride at both galby and the snake. Would'nt it be more productive to to not have work parties on the same day? :think:

whimps VP

Chimp
Jun 29, 2004
Bellingham
The whimps have been working on N. lookout "Galby" on the same 1st and 3rd Sunday of each month since we signed The Stewardship Agreement with Trillium 4yrs. ago.

two1

Monkey
Dec 15, 2004
endub
It was just a thought. Sounds like the snake crew should pick better days. As I'm sure there are some people that could do both, providing overall better trail maintenance for all.

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
two1 said:
It was just a thought. Sounds like the snake crew should pick better days. As I'm sure there are some people that could do both, providing overall better trail maintenance for all.
Galbraith needs the maintenance. Come with us, the real organization with the gate keys and a ride to the top. ;)

erikkellison

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Denver, CO
Two1,
We do official maintenance on the Snake about once a year as opposed to 26 times a year on Galbraith. A lot of the people that ride the Snake often and wanted to be a part of some serious trailwork done there are able to help out this Sunday. It was not mean to clash with regularly scheduled Galbraith maintenance at all, but happened to only by coincidence. Just so you know though, those working on the Snake don't have keys to the gate, and will be walking up the fire road and down the trail as we work on it. Sorry if this seems like cross-posting spam, I just wanted all to know that we aren't trying to draw trail maintenance help away from Galbraith. Incidentally am really excited about what Darren has proposed to me as the potential future of Galbraith, with trail stewards, new trail potential, and guidelines for stunts.

SuperSlow

Monkey
May 18, 2004
Bellingham
Stuff that you build on the snake wont get torn down either. I like riding galbraith, but its not the type of riding that I enjoy the most. Working on the snake a few times a year will just help people give back to a trail that a lot of hard work was put in to.