Quantcast

Trail work report

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
this seems like as good as place as any to post this:
Our mountain bike club has adopted a local city part that is used primarily by bikers.. The more old erosional headaches we fix, the more new things we'll get to build. We've done a lot this spring.

First up, a few weeks ago, was the repair of a braided corner:

We tilled out some of the old lines, blocked them off and we will soon be reseeding with native seed mix provided by park operations.

We regraded ( outsloped) the remaining line, and blocked off the area under restoration.

Today, we went after a different area, an old fall line gully probably
leftover from when motos used the property

It's too dry to till right now, but we could work on the reroute:

After this, we started working in the tread in our first, official, new,
legal ladder trail... all plans OK'd with Parks...It will be a North Shore style trail called "kessel run".

in places, there's a ton of falled timber to move:

in places, we've just roughed it in through the duff:

Here's where part of the line comes off some granite outcrops...

This new trail will go from outcrop to outcrop, with intermediate width
ladders using the natural features...

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Nice work, thanks for sharing. Now that the snow is melting we have a lot of opportunities for maintenance around here.

splat

Nam I am
Nice work

I was out tonight with My son , we were doing some trail work , and mostly preparing for a large trail day on sunday with IMBA. we got caught in a Thunder storm on the way out.

that Mossy covers wall, looks like a great wall ride or one hell of a roller!

and that last one looks like it has some huck potential

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
splat said:
Nice work

I was out tonight with My son , we were doing some trail work , and mostly preparing for a large trail day on sunday with IMBA. we got caught in a Thunder storm on the way out.

that Mossy covers wall, looks like a great wall ride or one hell of a roller!

and that last one looks like it has some huck potential
yep, that's the point - a fun NS like trail. One of the goals of the new trail is to promote the "bike park" proposal we are working on
http://www.fttrc.org/rides/beacon/campsekani2.cfm

and bring more riders on board. Slowly but surely, we are getting the word out about legal trails and building on this property, and this is going to be a demo project.

gg