Quantcast

Trailpimp Lite Rims?

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Going to get some new 24" wheels built this week. But I can't find many reviews of this rim? I see a lot of plain Trailpimp reviews, but not many references to the light version. I'd like to get these instead of Atomlab GI rims to save 150 grams per wheel. Anybody run these?

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
yes, stupid strong. 10/10 for me. Be aware, you cant run DH tires (if u ever decided to) wont really fit anything bigger than a 2.5

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
Hey. I have a trailpimp lite on the back of my Tonic and it has held up well. If your running discs you might consider the Arrows. I have that in the front but a big weld keeps it from being functional for rims brakes.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Thanks for the info. Not sure which brake I'm using yet, I need to see how well the disk brake fits. The Arrows are out of stock at Universal anyway.

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
I think you can order Arrows directly from their website. I run pimp-lites on my geared mob and love them but I only run a 2.0-2.2 tire. If you are going with 24s you can also run Odessey Hazzard-lites or Rhyno-lyte XLs

JGill

Monkey
Jul 7, 2008
Norman, OK
Running the same 26" p-lites for a little over a year and they are the sweetness. They have been laced to a couple of different hubs and are still going strong! Mostly street riding and a little on the dirt and they have held up to everything I've dished out. The front has been trued twice and the back three times over their life (besides tensioning a few days after each build...) You can't go wrong with them. Apparently Atomlab is a pain in the butt to get a hold of and aren't known for their customer service but they make quality stuff.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Cool they should be bomb proof as 36 hole 24s. (Dirt jumper bomb proof. Not roadie bomb proof, which means they don't fold up when you pedal)

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Thanks again for the infos. Just ordered 24" black Atomlab Pimp Lites, black DMR Revolver hubs (20mm front, 135mm SS rear) with straight silver DT spokes and silver brass nipples. They are going on my new DMR Rhythm.

JGill

Monkey
Jul 7, 2008
Norman, OK
Thanks again for the infos. Just ordered 24" black Atomlab Pimp Lites, black DMR Revolver hubs (20mm front, 135mm SS rear) with straight silver DT spokes and silver brass nipples. They are going on my new DMR Rhythm.
Sweet, don't forget to throw up some pics.