Quantcast

Trails Map Colaboration

DaveMW

Chimp
May 27, 2008
Hey folks, I started this as local trailhead map and it is really starting to grow. It would be great if we could get trails populated from all over the US!

I was looking for a map of all of the local trailheads so I could get a better idea of where they are. I've searched 3 different MTB sites and couldn't find one so decided to make one. I've used the many forums and MTB sites to locate the trailheads on the map and mark them, along with adding links back to MBB's write ups, trail maps, and official websites when available.

The Map is set up for public editing. So if you'd like to contribute, please do. If I find it becomes vandalized or inaccurate I can always specify delegates for editing. Please try to stick to the same style and format, like using the same icons and colors for items. This will keep the map simple and easy to use. Also please make sure NOT to add any ride spots that may be on private land or considered an illegal area for riding.

At this point, there has already been so much work done on the map by others, I can't even call it mine anymore. Thanks for all of the contributions.

Dave
Click on the image and it will take you to the map.

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
I see the possibility of "The Man" using this against us... but I haven't slept for over 36 hours so I may just be overly paranoid.

btw... good job. It shows you put a great deal of work into it.

DaveMW

Chimp
May 27, 2008
I see the possibility of "The Man" using this against us... but I haven't slept for over 36 hours so I may just be overly paranoid.

btw... good job. It shows you put a great deal of work into it.

I don't think "the man" could really use his against us unless people are putting illegal routes on there.. Hopefully the map will police itself and folks will remove any areas they know to be off limits.

I'm really hoping this will spread across the us, it would be grat to have a huge map that you can look to when traveling with your bike!

Edit: Thanks for the good comments, its a appreciated for sure. Now go add some trail heads :)