Quantcast

Trails to ride near Inman/Spartanburg/Northeast Greenville

Taz

Monkey
Sep 22, 2001
Granite, lots of granite
Looking for some XC trails to hit up on Sunday that are not very far from where I am at. I am at my GF's parents this weekend in Inman, SC. Looking for something not too far away that I can go hit up. Not picky I just need to get out of the house some Sunday so I brought my bikes with me.

Thankx

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
Pm Jeremy R. He lives in Spartanburg. For not a bad XC type ride I think Paris Mountain is on the northeast side of Greenville.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Looking for some XC trails to hit up on Sunday that are not very far from where I am at. I am at my GF's parents this weekend in Inman, SC. Looking for something not too far away that I can go hit up. Not picky I just need to get out of the house some Sunday so I brought my bikes with me.

Thankx
Let me get this straight Mr. Blackberry phone....

Somehow you lost every person's phone # you've ever ridden with who lives in Greenville?? Jeremy, Matt, Brian, Kip, Rob....:twitch:

Taz

Monkey
Sep 22, 2001
Granite, lots of granite
Only helps when people on the other end answer the calls! Left a message with Jeremy. I need something close to here, nothing over 30 minute drive from where I am at. 2 hour window to ride is all I got.

WODIE

Monkey
Jul 14, 2007
Inman/Clemson, SC
Dude i've gotcha covered. I actually live in Inman myself. I used to do a bit of xc riding and the closest place is called "Southside" or "Tour de Dump" in spartanburg. Heres your directions:
1. Take Asheville Hwy (hwy 176) to I-26 2. then go east on 26 towards spartanburg 3. take the reidville road exit and hang a left 4. Just a little bit after you cross the over the interstate there will be a road on the right at a redlight which should take you by blockbuster. take a right here and this should put you on Blackstock road (hwy 215) 5. take this road out to the end at a stop sign (you'll be on it a while and the end should be right next to a gas station) 6. take a left onto hwy 56 and go down this road just a little ways but not too fast. look on the right side of the road for groce rd. and there should be a smallish sign pointing down this road to southside park or something like that. the entrance to the trails will be right off of a parking lot of some community baseball fields at the end of this little road. (not sure the name of the road) This little trip should take you about 34 minutes to get there.
The trails are pretty good, i went in the summer when it was really lush, but theres a good bit of mileage to ride. If you didnt have such a tight schedule i would say another option is the Issaqueena trail system in Clemson which is pretty extensive but about an hour 20 min drive aprox to get there from Inman.

Go to google maps and just put in Inman, Sc for your start destination and this "Reidville Rd @34.921980, -81.988080 to:SC-215 @34.842161, -81.881673 to:Groce Rd @34.853574, -81.863468" as your end destination without the quotes

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
True, but there's only so much terrain to cover out there before you would find some civilization. It's really windy and twisty though so it is disorienting.

Honestly though, I much much prefer Paris Mountain for greenville area xc riding. There's actually some elevation to get one's shred on out there. Very easy to navigate and to find. PM me if you want some directions.