Quantcast

Trails with Questionable names.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
We got some heat for a trail called Super Sport, shortened to SS. Would not have been a problem if SS hadn't been carved in one of the bridge with a chainsaw. In the glory days of east coast north shore we had one called The Shit. Was an end result from riding totally unsound features at ridiculous height and width

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I've seen a few other fun and questionable names for trails at questionably legal DH shuttle spots over the years. Toolbreaker, Used Rubber, and Pole Humper come to mind. Probably others if I thought about longer...

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Around here trails are built with local names, then when sanctioned they become signposted with some flowery bullshit name to suit the PC Brigade. That doesn't stop the Strava segment names being pretty wild though. A quick google shows some pretty epicly wrong/dark Stava segment names doing the rounds....

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
We have a local climb call the 3 Bitches. It used to be 3 steeper sections of a climb separated by some flat spots, with break offs. So people would refer to top of 2nd B or top of 3rd B or whatever. It was semi-recently they re graded it for access, but name is still the same.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I named a trail up on Teton Pass “Jimmy’s Mom”.
You can imagine all of the joke variations on ‘Riding Jimmy’s Mom’.
I think it got copied in Canada a few years later with one called ‘Your Mom’.
At least that’s what I heard.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Ah yes...

There was a DH trail at Vail a bunch of years ago that had two drops on it, one right after the other, called "Your Mom" and "Your Sister".

All the trails at SolVista (now called Bike Granby Ranch) were named for Chappelle Show characters for a year: Silky Johnson, Tron, Bucnasty. There was a big-ass double named Negrodamus. They did go away from that naming convention, and built a track for '09 US Nationals they named The Stranger. Seems that name is popular. And one of the early trails there is named Cougar, with a big-ish stepdown jump on it named Stiletto. Oh man, and there was also a real fun jump in the woods named Thunder Humper...

Negrodamus at 2:08...

Last edited:

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
We had one called "Fuck the Bunny". When everything got officially official around here with signage and maps, the powers that be changed the name to "Love the Bunny".

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
All our trails here are innuendo driven... some not so subtle too:
- Multiple Orgasm (shortened to MO most days)
- Foreplay
- Brazilian
- rear entry
- Thunder Cvnt (got renamed because it's actually part of a trail centre - it's now called Bryan's trail!)

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
We have a trail called E-Coli creek here at Tryon Park....
that's official now? i remember the old trail that went out the ridgeline towards the garbage dump,

fun fact there's a trail network by my house with a trail that runs along a property border to a superfund site.