Quantcast

trails

mtnbiker7

Monkey
May 22, 2007
New Jersey
are the trails at Diablo Freeride Park in Vernon Nj too hard for a beginner, do the stunts have go arounds , are they really techinal, are they really rocky , and how big of a crash could you take.

Rob Munro

Monkey
Jul 22, 2005
1. complete beginner on a mountain bike or beginner with DH?
2. yes
3. yes
4. yes
5. as big as humanly possible. it's really up to you. crashes are very common, most aren't very serious, but you could really get hurt if you get in over your head

jeff da grom

Monkey
Apr 20, 2007
Long Island
that first question is a good 1... as a long island freerider lookin to try some dh... that was gonna be my first stop after my injury heals... how what is it like trying to ride dh for first time

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
I rode Diablo yesterday and I would have to say that if you are a beginner and have a full blown DH/Freeride bike you will be fine. However if you are on anything but, you would have to be a pretty good rider. I rode my Evil Imperial hardtail there yesterday, Ive been riding for 6 years and I was at my very limit on that.

Mar 26, 2007
New Zealand
i ride a hartail back here in NZ and the first time i got back on a bike for anything other than riding to school (10 years ago) was last july. But I'm still gonna give it a go :-)
there's that intermediate line on the map ... that'll be my trail for the weekend when im there in september!
So dunno when you're going riding, but if you're there in sep keep an eye out for a chick who's 5foot 1 giving a full suss a go for the first time, and trying not to kill herself while still giving the trails a decent go. lol.