Quantcast

Trainers

Topaz

Chimp
Jul 6, 2002
Woodland Hills
I rode my trainer for the first time last night for 1.5hrs. Two things I noticed (1) you sweat like a mofo. after 1hr I was out of fluids. (2) I was pretty worn out after 1.5hrs of very easy riding so I stopped. So my question is what kind of workout should I be doing on a trainer?

Originally posted by stumpy
I'm thinking about getting a trainer. I hate cold weather but I don't want to get out of shape. I think I am going to get the 1upUSA trainer. Here's a link if anyone is interested. http://www.1upusa.com/bike_trainer.html

Has anyone used this? If so, what do you think about it?
I have it. It's a trainer, it works. It's still boring though :(

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Originally posted by stumpy
I'm thinking about getting a trainer. I hate cold weather but I don't want to get out of shape. I think I am going to get the 1upUSA trainer. Here's a link if anyone is interested. http://www.1upusa.com/bike_trainer.html

Has anyone used this? If so, what do you think about it?
I bought that one for MtnBikerChk after reading nothing but STELLAR reviews at bikeforums.net. Kind of pricey at $300, but I believe that you get what you pay for.

stumpy

Chimp
Oct 29, 2003
Atlanta
I read great reviews on it to on mtbreview.com. No one had anything bad to say. Also, I guy I work with who is also an avid cyclist swears by it. I can't wait....I think Santa is going to put it in my stocking. :)

Topaz

Chimp
Jul 6, 2002
Woodland Hills
Originally posted by The Toninator
what's your goal?
My goal is to get some riding in on the days I can't do so outside and maintain my fitness. Right now I'm just spinning for about 1-1.5hrs while watching TV. I ride out of the seat during commercials to keep the blood flowing.

Considering how short of a ride I can seem to do on the trainer I'm just wondering if I should keep it to 45min rides with some intervals or something.

I don't think I can simulate a 30min climb on the trainer. It's to hard mentally to just sit there and crank. Or should I work on this until its not hard? 10min, 15min, 20mins, etc.