Quantcast

Training and hunger

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I noticed in the last two days, I cannot stop my hunger urges, and I don't mean right after rides, but most of the time. I am doing about 12 hours a week of training, and I am trying to lose weight.

Is training and increased hunger related?

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Yeah, it just burns more calories if you are working harder. Plus, increased activity will usually speed up your metabolism, so you burn more, faster. And if you are combining increased training with less food ('cuz your trying to lose weight), you could be walking around at a caloric deficit most of the time and thus will be hungry. Nutritionists will tell you that doing that puts your immune system at risk, so be careful. Not sure what you're doing but you can do more harm than good if you are not giving your body the fuel it needs to ride hard and recover.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
if you eat high bulk/low fat foods then you might feel more full. otherwise get used to feeling hungry but don't overdo it, as you're probably hungry for a reason.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
thats my favorite part of training. eating whenever i want. I've been running about 25 miles a week which is a lot for me. I eat every time I'm hungry and still can't stop losing weight. It rules. Food rules.

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
laura said:
thats my favorite part of training. eating whenever i want. I've been running about 25 miles a week which is a lot for me. I eat every time I'm hungry and still can't stop losing weight. It rules. Food rules.

I totally stopped running over the winter....

arrrgh

gotta get back into it