Quantcast

training for triathlon and need first bike

edward

Chimp
Mar 6, 2005
Hi, I want to start training for a triathlon and need to buy my first bike. I was going to buy a road bike that I could also use in the triathlon. I'm 5'9" 175lbs. and live in San Diego. There aren't too many hills here to climb. I was thinking about buying a Tirreno Razza 2.0. I can get a great deal for a 2004 model at Performance Bike. Any thoughts on that bike or any other bikes that I should be looking at in the range of $500-1000? I was told to get a bike w/ at least shimano 105 or better, aluminum frame w/ carbon forks. Double or triple drivetrain? Aluminum vs steel frame? What about the Fuji Roubaix Pro? Alex ALX-3000 wheelset? Forte carbon fork and seat post? Hutchinson Excel tires? Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Eddie

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
You should repost this in the Road Bike forum - you'll be more likely to get answers. Anyhow for a first bike that will be usded in a triathlon I would suggest a good quality used tri bike off eBay. $500.00 will get you a fairly decent 4 or 5 year ould bike.

You probably need a 56cm frame.

Welcome to the monkey. :D