Quantcast

Training Tips ?

motobutane

Monkey
Apr 27, 2010
WNC
I'm trying to fiqure out how to train for downhill riding while I'm trapped indoors? We got like a foot of snow in Waynesville:mad:
I propped my DH rig up in the living room and I was jumping off the couch and landing on it:eek: but now my bag is so swollen I had too stop:rofl:
Any good ideas?:popcorn:

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
Go build snow jumps and berms!

I'm getting a floor trainer. The kind that you have to ride and balance to stay on. Seems to be less boring and maybe work some extra isolating muscles?

Yeah this snow is killing my riding.

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
Actually, what you need to start doing is DB Combos. So when that snow melts, you are going to be fitter than most of those guys out there. It's a great program designed for your mountain biking.

http://dbcombos.com/

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
Actually, what you need to start doing is DB Combos. So when that snow melts, you are going to be fitter than most of those guys out there. It's a great program designed for your mountain biking.

http://dbcombos.com/
Ha, that could be the greatest program ever, but it screams of BS to me. Typical internet hype with no substance. I could be way wrong here, but why wouldn't such an excellent product at least show an example or several short clips? Reminds me of those real estate guru seminars.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Randy, come to the house. We can do some DH runs on a trail near the house. Paved shuttle. We're good. :thumb:

Forgot how I remember your names: Macho Man Randy Savage and Blake the Snake:D

Last edited:

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
Ha, that could be the greatest program ever, but it screams of BS to me. Typical internet hype with no substance.
It's a legit program. He's got some vids to watch in the blog section. Check the top left of the page.

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
i stand corrected. Thanks for pointing out the link. Looks like a good program if you don't have access to a personal trainer or you travel a lot.

My trainer has me using this piece of equipment. I laughed at first and then I was so sore I could barely walk:
http://www.fitnessanywhere.com/trx-training/sports-fitness/motocross/
I've seen the hardcore training that you can do with that system. The only problem I have with it is that it requires you to have something to hang it from in your ceiling. All well and good in a gym, but my house is all drywall. There are no "anchor points" for that bad boy. Wife would KILL me.

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
I've seen the hardcore training that you can do with that system. The only problem I have with it is that it requires you to have something to hang it from in your ceiling. All well and good in a gym, but my house is all drywall. There are no "anchor points" for that bad boy. Wife would KILL me.

They make a sweet door anchor. That's how I set it up. Anchor it on the hinge side of a door. Then you can use it anywhere...hotel, office. If you have a dedicated "gym" room in your house/garage/basement you could anchor the ceiling thing to a joist.