Quantcast

Transcend Magazine team bike

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Fraser put together a UCI team this year with bikes to match (though the Canadians will still be on Oranges).

After a couple years on bright green or orange bikes I'm liking the gloss black finish. Should have new graphics in a few days. Same style but they will be bigger and the blues will match.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Is that IH sticker size and color stock? or custom? because it looks tight.

thanks, Stik. It's custom. I took the '08 font and messed with it a bit in Adobe Illustrator. Actually my girlfriend did all the work and I just made suggestions. I have no idea how to use that program. I have new graphics coming that are the same but about 1/4" taller and about 2" longer overall with a slightly brighter blue to match the fork.

The angle of that photo makes the logo look a lot bigger and bluer than it really is:

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Lee - NICE!

Looks very clean and mean... say - didn't you have some kind of wild argyle decal graphic on the front end of that thing or am I just imagining things???

I like this however - very cool.

:)

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Lee - NICE!

Looks very clean and mean... say - didn't you have some kind of wild argyle decal graphic on the front end of that thing or am I just imagining things???

I like this however - very cool.

:)
you are thinking of the '07 frame i painted, which is now for sale. The all black one is an '08 world cup frame.

You aren't imagining anything, the old one does have an argyle paintjob:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Just curious why the Transcend team rides Ironhorse in the US and Orange in Canada?
I am running 2 separate UCI teams this year.

The Transcend UCI team was put together to help out a few juniors attend World Cups. We had plenty of extra space so I am also helping out a few friends. The team has no specific team sponsors in order to enable the juniors to arrange for their own personal sponsors. The 2 Canadian Juniors are on a program of Orange / Fox / e.13 / Thomson that I put together for them.

The Mojo / Orange / Transcend guys are all on Orange 224 Evos with Fox Suspension, e.13 guides, Thomson posts, Maxxis tires and Fox Clothing.

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
Dumb question o' the day - what kind of stem is on both the bikes pictured? Looks long and I've been looking for something longer than 50mm.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
I am running 2 separate UCI teams this year.

The Transcend UCI team was put together to help out a few juniors attend World Cups. We had plenty of extra space so I am also helping out a few friends. The team has no specific team sponsors in order to enable the juniors to arrange for their own personal sponsors. The 2 Canadian Juniors are on a program of Orange / Fox / e.13 / Thomson that I put together for them.

The Mojo / Orange / Transcend guys are all on Orange 224 Evos with Fox Suspension, e.13 guides, Thomson posts, Maxxis tires and Fox Clothing.
yeah, what Fraser said. Dave and I decided to stick with the program we already had with Iron Horse the past 2 years.

Nothing against Orange though. I rode them for 4 years on the Transcend team previous to riding an Iron Horse and loved the 224, but not as much as the Sunday;)

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
That looks really good! What did you do for the fork stickers? Is that the normal boxxer plastic piece with a sticker on the backside? I want to do something like that for my fork and sticker design.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
That looks really good! What did you do for the fork stickers? Is that the normal boxxer plastic piece with a sticker on the backside? I want to do something like that for my fork and sticker design.
The ones on the bike are actually stock. While I was painting the argyle frame i really carefully masked off the boxxer stickers and painted them blue so they would be a perfect match and ran a thin layer of clearcoat over them when i finished the frame. Not recommended unless you've had a bit of practice with that sort of thing.

However, since I sold that frame I had a friend with access to the proper equipment make me up some new ones that will better match the frame graphics (both the custom blue graphics and the stock green ones). Needless to say he got a bit carried away and we ended up with a pile of them. Sorry, they are not for sale but any decent sign shop should be able to make boxxer graphics for you in whatever color you want for about $50.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey

WOW...

I stand corrected - I had NO idea that was painted. That is some pretty insane paintwork going on there. Who the hell did that? - AMAZING job.

:rockout::thumb:

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
:stupid: I think he did that.
You're correct, I did the painting myself and it took way more time than I can remember. I wasn't going to sell it originally but I wasn't exactly planning to hang it on my wall either. So, whoever buys it better take good care of it:disgust1:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
yeah man that is rad, finally a return to some simple clean lowpro bikes...all the bright flashy junk is getting a bit tired..

Especially in the BMX world but that is a different forum

DIRTWRKS

Monkey
Aug 13, 2003
Canada EH !
Here are the frames that the Junior riders on the Transcend Magazine Team will race on this season.

Weight came in at 8.6lbs with all the shock hardware and rear axle attached but without the seatpost clamp.

Attachments

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
Here are the frames that the Junior riders on the Transcend Magazine Team will race on this season.

Weight came in at 8.6lbs with all the shock hardware and rear axle attached but without the seatpost clamp.

i can not wait to get until may 3rd so we can get all this shiny new stuff all wet and muddy, haha

TGR

Monkey
Jan 9, 2006
that orange is sweet! can't wait to see james's orange at our chalet this summer

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
The Sunday looks sick Lee, very very nice! Looks better without the Argyle IMHO, really sleek.