Quantcast

Transistion Bottlerocket Sizing

DH biker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2004
North East
Hey everyone,

I was thinking of picking up a new Bottlerocket for some DH/FR stuff, mainly riding places like Highland, some trips to Sunday River, and some local trails. I was looking on their website and the sizing is as follows:

I am about 5'9" (maybe slightly less) so I am on the fence as to whether a Small Bike would be good or if I should go with the medium. I weight about 160 and can be a fairly aggressive rider.

Does anyone around the same height have suggestions as to whether to get the Small or the Medium? I usually ride Medium bikes, so I am not sure as to whether a small would feel too "compact." Looking for input from people who have ridden Transitions, in particular, the Bottlerocket.

Thanks in advance.

(Full specs here: http://www.transitionbikes.com/Bikes_BottleRocket.cfm )

weedkilla

Monkey
Jul 6, 2008
My 12 year old son is on the small bottlerocket as his dh bike, with a 1.5degree slacker headset, offset shock bushes and a 170mm travel 66 up front. If you wanted to do any dh at all I would get on the biggest size you think you can comfortably ride. At least a medium.

DH biker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2004
North East
My 12 year old son is on the small bottlerocket as his dh bike, with a 1.5degree slacker headset, offset shock bushes and a 170mm travel 66 up front. If you wanted to do any dh at all I would get on the biggest size you think you can comfortably ride. At least a medium.
Awesome thanks for the reply!